We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What is wrong with some people?

I was in a match and this guy starts complaining about how bad me and our Team was. Then starts saying we don't know how to use the characters we pick. This was all going on threw the whole game while we were winning. And after we won the game he said we was reporting all of us. What was wrong with this guy?
    (Was is because he kept dying?)
    "I am Lord Frieza! None surpass me! No one even comes close! Etch this into your skull: I am Emperor of the Universe! The likes of you are only fit to grovel at my feet! Or better still, to die in disgrace at the hands of your master!"

Re: What is wrong with some people?

Just be thankful that you don't go to school together. Thankfully, people who act like this are the exception, and not the rule (at least in my experience.) Things may change when the game finally gets released, though.
    Steam: admonish

I know I'm not the best player, but that doesn't mean "STOP FEEDING" is helpful criticism. I attempt to not feed.
    Even when I'm not playing too badly, I too have experienced these upsetting people... who only add negatively, where's the fraternity?

furthermore, why is there no practice game? like AI fights, and that way I'd get fair practice

Quote Originally Posted by PanamaGrngodud3 View Post
    I know I'm not the best player, but that doesn't mean "STOP FEEDING" is helpful criticism. I attempt to not feed.
    Even when I'm not playing too badly, I too have experienced these upsetting people... who only add negatively, where's the fraternity?

furthermore, why is there no practice game? like AI fights, and that way I'd get fair practice
    They said it was coming along somewhere I think. A stream where they answered some questions. I also hope they come soon.

Or they could just let us do customs with less than 6 people. I'd like to test out builds somewhere where, if they suck, I won't be killing an hour with a failed build.

On the subject of the rage, some people attribute it to the fact that MOBA games do in fact have a competitive scene with the ability to make money in them through pro play or streaming. Since this is a team game people are quick to blame their faults on others because they don't want to accept that the likelihood is they won't be making their livelihood playing games anytime soon and so they believe others are holding them back from proving themselves pros.

The other reason I hear tossed around, and one I'm more apt to agree with, is that MOBA matches tend to be very time consuming to play, and unlike many other games you can't just drop out in the middle of a game with no hard feelings. This means that if someone on the team does badly then everyone on that team then has to spend the next 30 minutes to an hour riding that persons mistake. This is not very fun for anyone but the other team and it is understandably frustrating.

Combine this with the fact that it actually is fairly hard an exasperating to provide solid in depth advice on the fly to help teammates out (and they may not understand or agree with your advice if you give it) and you have a game that can be hard on the patience and on the temper.

To make matters worse, anger tends to have a ripple effect in these games. One persons bad day can very easily become 4 other peoples bad days and then it spreads from there. Top it off with the fact that the intent of words can be hard to detect on the internet and you have a recipe for disaster.

It's just a matter of the genre really. Anyone who has played long enough in this genre has probably blown up on someone at least at some point in their playtime, even if they aren't proud of it (I'm never proud when I lose my temper), and if they tell you otherwise they're probably lying. Most good people and players tend to deal with it better than others though and do explode a lot less and less violently but it still happens.

Not that I'm trying to defend ragers (there's usually no point in telling people how badly they're doing because chances are with a 0/20/1 score they are aware they didn't do that well) but I do think people should kind of try and understand why this sort of thing is common around this genre.

Welcome to online gaming now leave or que again.

Quote Originally Posted by Valafar View Post
    You generally shouldn't try and sweep something under the rug if it's bigger than everything else in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazilicus View Post
    You generally shouldn't try and sweep something under the rug if it's bigger than everything else in the room.
    It's not big, it's a tiny little spec of dirt.

I know how online gaming works. There's a lot of good and a lot of bad, but sometimes these people just need to be dealt with.
    "I am Lord Frieza! None surpass me! No one even comes close! Etch this into your skull: I am Emperor of the Universe! The likes of you are only fit to grovel at my feet! Or better still, to die in disgrace at the hands of your master!"

Quote Originally Posted by Walter687 View Post
    I know how online gaming works. There's a lot of good and a lot of bad, but sometimes these people just need to be dealt with.
    And complaining about them on a forum helps? Report and move on, and if you were feeding expect that from a lot of people.

It's not big, it's a tiny little spec of dirt.
    Fraid not. The venom in the online community isn't something that should be allowed to be acceptable. Considering the number one thing that people think of when they think of MOBA's when they aren't hardcore players tends to be how bad the communities are supposed to be I would say it's the biggest problem we deal with.

Pretending it doesn't matter is what made it acceptable in the first place. That's a problem in my book.

And reporting hardly helps in a free game, not that it should be the mods responsibility to make sure people aren't hyenas in the first place.