For troubleshooting purposes a dxdiag (DirectX diagnostic) can help significantly. To add one to your post follow these steps:
- First hold down the Windows key and press "R" and type "dxdiag" (no quotes) and hit enter.
- In the panel that comes up (you can choose no on the 'check for whql signatures?' prompt) click the 'save all information' button.
- Using the save as dialog that opens click the 'desktop' icon (or documents but desktop generally is easier) and click the save button.
- Open that text file (dxdiag.txt though Windows might hide the .txt in the name) and you can then use "Ctrl" and "A" to select all, then "Ctrl" and "C" to copy.
- Switch back over to your browser and you can use "Ctrl" and "V" to paste the info into your response.
Dxdiag files are veeeery long! To make them much more readable and keep your thread/reply being super long, use "Ctrl" and "A" again (or drag and select just the dxdiag files pasted text) in the forum's editor window to select (highlight) the text.
Using the toolbars for the editor (where you set options like bold, italic etc) click on the button called "Wrap CODE tags around selected text" (It's the one with this # which is the pound/number symbol).
This will add your text into a 'code' block so that it now looks much like the following example:
Hello I am a functioning code block.