We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Turrets wayyy to weak

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceisgreatBrea View Post
    What I have a problem with is that guys can "rat" (I'm sure you're familiar with the term "Rat Dota") the turrets by themselves. With no TP scrolls, it makes countering rat players really hard. For example, I played a game the other day where the Shazam kept attacking our bottom tower while we were taking on the other 4 players on mid. He did this all the time.. Now usually to rat, you need to have an escape mechanism or have extra minions.. Shazam has none of these. By the time I got to him every time, he was able to destroy the turret and then only die after chasing him for a good minute or so. Even if I went after him by myself before he got there, he was still able to push the turret and then either die or get away just by being him. (I was support Harley in this game so really I was just trying to scare him off).

My point being, I agree that the turrets need more HP so that rat tactics aren't such a walk in the park to pull off.
    No, just remove Stolen Powers and Recall, add TP Consumeables.
    Will add more interesting gameplay.

Agreed, Rat Doto is the worst kind of gameplay, ever been invented, it should only work if your character is based around the concept and your team can deal with 4v5.
    My Champion Concept: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...-Atomic-Cyborg

My wish list for upcoming patches: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...-WALL-OF-TEXT)

Proud DotA veteran.

Rat-ing is really annoying because there is really nothing you can do about it. I remember Master Yi in LoL was pretty popular in doing that for a while. You either commit 3+ people to catching him or he got away. And if you commit to chasing him the other 4 push your 1-2 others hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraql View Post
    Therenext, Raider/Leviathan is imo badly placed in GD, they should be like League has it with Dragon/Baron, but in this game we choose where each of them spawn, that would make Junglers fighting over who gets which thing unlocked, and where.
    Normally you would want to have the Dragon on the enemy side of the map, that way you got the closest way to Leviathan.
    This is the one point where I straight-up disagree. I think the ability to choose which side the raider spawns is a brilliant move. I love, as a jungler, being able to open the raider on the side of my winning lane.
    twitch.tv/paradigm_cg

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    Rat-ing is really annoying because there is really nothing you can do about it. I remember Master Yi in LoL was pretty popular in doing that for a while. You either commit 3+ people to catching him or he got away. And if you commit to chasing him the other 4 push your 1-2 others hard.

This is the one point where I straight-up disagree. I think the ability to choose which side the raider spawns is a brilliant move. I love, as a jungler, being able to open the raider on the side of my winning lane.
    Sorry, it were badly formulated by me.

I meant the 2 cores (no clue what you'd call them) will be one each side of the map, just a tad, this would make teams wanting to unlock the Raider close to the enemy team, that way they got shorter time to the Leviathan, it would also make teams do more combat inside the jungle, of who gets the closest Raider or Leviathan spawn.

This however were together with the removal of Stolen Powers + Recalls, and adding Teleportation devices as an consumeable.
    ^That would make you WANT to defend specific towers, so you can quickly TP to it, rushing the keypoint you figured the enemy team is doing.
    My Champion Concept: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...-Atomic-Cyborg

My wish list for upcoming patches: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...-WALL-OF-TEXT)

Proud DotA veteran.

I think its relevant to champion you play, some dont have good auto attack damage to put the hurt on towers. So perhaps thats why you feel defense wise they suck.
    Playing @InfiniteCrisis with viewers. IC Coins giveaway every weekend PMish PST www.twitch.tv/kuwagtx
    YouTube - http://goo.gl/zFWkHf
    Please follow me on Twitter and let me know whats good! http://twitter.com/Kuwagtx

Turrets are fine. After playing a lot of GD games I can safely say they don't need a buff. If you recall while the enemy doesn't, that's your bad if the tower falls.

Also, about the Rat tactic. Splitpushing is a common thing. If you have a weak teamfight you send one or two players to the sides that are basically forcing the enemy to dive the remaining 3-4 to make an even trade in turrets, or chase these splitpushers down making your 3-4 player group able to take an objective while your splitpusher is being chased off.

Yes, it's a nasty tactic. But it works if you don't have a wombo combo team or just bad teamfight synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceisgreatBrea View Post
    What I have a problem with is that guys can "rat" (I'm sure you're familiar with the term "Rat Dota") the turrets by themselves. With no TP scrolls, it makes countering rat players really hard. For example, I played a game the other day where the Shazam kept attacking our bottom tower while we were taking on the other 4 players on mid. He did this all the time.. Now usually to rat, you need to have an escape mechanism or have extra minions.. Shazam has none of these. By the time I got to him every time, he was able to destroy the turret and then only die after chasing him for a good minute or so. Even if I went after him by myself before he got there, he was still able to push the turret and then either die or get away just by being him. (I was support Harley in this game so really I was just trying to scare him off).

My point being, I agree that the turrets need more HP so that rat tactics aren't such a walk in the park to pull off.
    This is due to the fact that damage on towers scale with PD as well (you can see this by hovering with your cursor over the "basic attack" icon and reading the tooltip), which means pretty much everyone but full tanks can push a tower with ease. In other MOBAs, only AD champions with good wave clear can realiably do this; in IC, everyone is a split pusher.

This, by the way, is also the reason tower go down way to easily if left alone: everyone deals crazy damage to them, even PD champions. I think the PD scale on basic attacks should be seriously toned down or just removed.

Quote Originally Posted by NormanDuke View Post
    This is due to the fact that damage on towers scale with PD as well (you can see this by hovering with your cursor over the "basic attack" icon and reading the tooltip), which means pretty much everyone but full tanks can push a tower with ease. In other MOBAs, only AD champions with good wave clear can realiably do this; in IC, everyone is a split pusher.
    In League of Legends, there's a 40% AP ratio on the auto attacks to turrets as well. It's not unique for IC .