We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My idea for a MECHA CYBORG

Yes. Cyborg from the Mecha Universe

In this universe, he'd be a badly damaged robot, who was repaired using biotech components, thus becoming HALF ROBOT, HALF LIVING THING. IN THAT ORDER.

... that's all I got, sorry. It's 1:00 am. Gimme a break.

Re: My idea for a MECHA CYBORG

Quote Originally Posted by Varkarrus View Post

In this universe, he'd be a badly damaged robot, who was repaired using biotech components, thus becoming HALF ROBOT, HALF LIVING THING. IN THAT ORDER.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7854298880/hAB2B0240/

In direct response to giving you a break of course.
    "Fights in Gotham Heights!" Official Tourney Registration Thread: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...ration-Thread*!)

"Fights in Gotham Heights!" Rules and Procedures Thread: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...-(NOT-signups)

Wouldn't that make him a Manborg?
    Steam: admonish

Pretty much. I feel like he'd play as a ranged Power/Attack Enforcer, using Slows, DoTs, and defensive capabilities that scale off of Power Damage to wear enemies down (so building health isn't as necessary), especially in team fights. So here's a tentative moveset for him

Q: Bile Blast
    Fires a ranged skillshot. The first enemy it hits takes power damage, and creates a pool of green goo (roughly 1.5* the size of Batman's ult) that deals damage over time equal to a percentage of enemy health, and slows.

W: Adrenaline Rush
    Mecha Cyborg dashes forwards and gains an attack speed bonus

E: Skewer
    Mecha Cyborg grows long boney spikes. All units surrounding him take physical damage and are rooted.

R: Biomass Conversion
    Mecha Cyborg fires a long, snakelike maw at the target. Upon impact, it roots the target and drains health over the duration, before pulling the enemy champion over to the other side of Mecha Cyborg. This ability deals physical damage, but you gain more health if you have high power damage.

Passive: Shielding Growths
    Every time Mecha Cyborg uses an ability, he gets a short lived stacking shield that scales off of Power Damage.
    EDIT: Apparently this is essentially Superman's passive. Shoot, have to think of something else. Maybe instead it's a longer lived, stacking armor buff?
    Last edited by Varkarrus; 02-12-2014 at 08:45 AM.

Pretty much. I feel like he'd play as a ranged Power/Attack Enforcer, using Slows, DoTs, and defensive capabilities that scale off of Power Damage to wear enemies down (so building health isn't as necessary), especially in team fights. So here's a tentative moveset for him

Q: Bile Blast
    Fires a ranged skillshot. The first enemy it hits takes power damage, and creates a pool of green goo (roughly 1.5* the size of Batman's ult) that deals damage over time equal to a percentage of enemy health, and slows.

W: Adrenaline Rush
    Mecha Cyborg dashes forwards and gains an attack speed bonus

E: Skewer
    Mecha Cyborg grows long boney spikes. All units surrounding him take physical damage and are rooted.

R: Biomass Conversion
    Mecha Cyborg fires a long, snakelike maw at the target. Upon impact, it roots the target and drains health over the duration, before pulling the enemy champion over to the other side of Mecha Cyborg. This ability deals physical damage, but you gain more health if you have high power damage.

Passive: Shielding Growths
    Every time Mecha Cyborg uses an ability, he gets a short lived stacking shield that scales off of Power Damage.
    EDIT: Apparently this is essentially Superman's passive. Shoot, have to think of something else. Maybe instead it's a longer lived, stacking armor buff?
    Soooo.. An tankier Cyborg Prime and with 2x Root abilities, even an bloody Dash (Escape Mechanism) that grants Attack Speed? That got to be the one of the most OP designs ever, considering he also have an AoE damage skill that does damage based around HP%, even slows aswell.

That's really not an Enforcer, more of an Ranged Bruiser (And an really OP one aswell).
    Last edited by Miraql; 02-12-2014 at 05:15 PM.

I figured he wouldn't have much damage output and I don't see how he's much like regular Cyborg, but I see your point.
    Any suggestions?

I figured he wouldn't have much damage output and I don't see how he's much like regular Cyborg, but I see your point.
    Any suggestions?
    Warning, read the 3rd Skill first, to avoid getting confused.

I tried to stay true to your idea of not having to focus on +HP, but instead going for +Attack/Power Armor.

Mecha Cyborg's Role: Bruiser <- Enforcers are hard..

Mecha Cyborg's resource: Will-based

Most balanced resource system there is, prove me wrong.
    STOLEN POWER: MECHA CYBORG'S TRAP:

Mecha Cyborg's Trap will lower the defencive stats of enemy Champions stepping on it.

Passive: Fusion core

Primary function: Mecha Cyborg will gain additional Attack Armor and Power Armor for every X% of HP missing.

Secondary function: Mecha Cyborg will gain bonus Power/Attack (Depends what his source of damage will be) from his Attack/Power Armor.

Synergies with his 1st and 3rd Skills, and will make Trades/Manfights hilarious.
    1st Skill: Absorb Energy / Release Energy

Absorb Energy: Mecha Cyborg fires an skillshot beam, that will steal Attack/Power Armor of all it hits.

Absorb Energy has less range than Release Energy.
    Absorb Energy adds an stack of "Energy Absorbed" to an maximum of X (X being the maximum count).
    Drones will not grant the stacks of "Energy Absorbed", only enemy Champions.

Release Energy: Mecha Cyborg fires an skillshot beam, that will have an higher damage impact as it will reduce his own Attack/Power Armor.

Scales off Attack/Power Armor.
    Low cooldown but okay high Will Cost.

Release Energy has longer range than Absorb Energy.
    Releases all of the "Energy Absorbed" stacks, + an additional %Attack/Power Armor.
    Does more damage depending on how many stack of "Energy Absorbed" that's available for you.
    Grants larger AoE this more stacks of "Energy Absorbed" that's available for you.

If no "Energy Absorbed" stacks are available for you, Mecha Cyborg will make up for it, by using an additional % of his own Attack/Power Armor, making him squishier than if he had any of the Stacks

This will make you want to get close and "Steal" Attack/Power Armor to be effective, also making you an easier target to focus down if you don't position well with him.
    It'd be OP to have an long ranged poke with low cooldown, that also does a lot of damage!
    He will lower his Attack/Power Armor for every Release Energy shot, reducing the damage output, and his own defencive stats.

Making it an choice beetween either stealing defence for yourself and making enemies less durable for your team, or release an burst of concentrated damage and drop your own defencive stats.

Mecha Cyborg's Base Attack Damage will be lower than most Champions, to prevent gaining a way too big advantage in damage early game and later on, therenext to avoid Psi-Scimitar abuse in an way too crucial way.

He will however stay at the exact same base damage as most Bruisers early game with his default page, etc.
    2nd Skill: Fuel Cell Reinforcements / Overheated Fuel Cells

Fuel Cell Reinforcements: Mechha Cyborgs empowers himself or an ally with temporarily Attack/Power Armor and an Movement Speed (or an Attack Speed) Boost for the time duration.
    If Mecha Cyborg uses this on an Ally, he will be granted the buff aswell for the full duration.

Overheated Fuel Cells: Mecha Cyborg throws his overheated fuel cells at an target location, dealing AoE Damage and applies an slow + reduced healing in the AoE.
    If an enemy stays in that AoE for too long, they will get snared for a set duration, this can only occur once pr. enemy.

To prevent the character itself from getting way out of control, he'll stay with 0 escape mechanisms at his disposal, this is however made up through his tanky kit, he's supposed to be an somewhat Trader.
    3rd Skill: Siege Mode / Assault Mode

Siege Mode: Mecha Cyborg switches to an more defencive mode, boosting all his defensive attributes, in exchanges of some attack range.

Allows the use of Siege Mode Skills:

- Absorb Energy
    - Fuel Cell Reinforcement
    - Energy Shield

Reduces his Attack Range and boost his total Attack/Power Armor.

Assault Mode: Mecha Cyborg switches to an more offensive mode, boosting his attack range in exchange of his durability.

Allows the use of Assault Mode Skills:
    - Release Energy
    - Overheated Fuel Cells
    - Satelite Cannon

Reduces his Attack/Power Armor and grants increased Attack Range.

Siege Mode / Assault Mode will be available at Lv 1 without Skilling it, making it give you a small fraction of what it gives by leveling it up, will also allow you to switch beetween the modes already at Lv 1.

The idea of an skill that changes attack range is to make laning a bit more interesting on some Characters, either you go Siege Mode against bruisers and steals their natural tankyness with your poke and win the trades, or you go the Assault Mode and farm / poke ranged characters (after stealing some Attack/Power Armor to be released), who would never allow you to go close as Siege Mode.
    4th Skill (Ultimate): Energy Shield / Satelite Cannon

Energy Shield: Mecha Cyborg casts an Energy Shield around him or an Ally (Near Global as AWW/Superman Ultimates).

Not very unique, don't judge me.
    Satelite Cannon: Mecha Cyborg calls aid from an Satelite, shooting down on an target enemy, dealing tremendous damage (Near Global as AWW/Superman Ultimates).

This will leave an marker on the selected enemy, that everybody can see, there will be a short delay before the actual beam strikes down into them, so they can Shield/Neron's/Etc out of it.
    Tell me what you think, it was supposed to be my #MechaAlfred tease

Do notice that "Attack/Power Armor" only means 1 of those sources, it'd be OP as hell if he could drain both.
    Last edited by Miraql; 02-13-2014 at 06:57 AM.

Protector

Quote Originally Posted by Miraql View Post
    Tell me what you think, it was supposed to be my #MechaAlfred tease
    This. Make this. But it should probably be Atomic Cyborg.

Quote Originally Posted by azetl View Post
    This. Make this. But it should probably be Atomic Cyborg.
    Agreed, I really don't see "Mecha Cyborg" as happening, Atomic would suit it more, would also make the names easier.

Some (or rather a lot *cough*) Feedback for Miraql's suggestion:

Overall I like the concept. It's a Bruiser who scales with his defenses so he would be in a better spot than current Bruisers (who are often build more like Assassins-with-HP currently). Also, his Release Energy strips himself percentage-wise so you are also not encouraged to stack too much defenses, since the percentage based loss of Release Energy will outweigh the stacking of defenses because of their diminishing returns. I can see a situation where a player build 3 tank items to gain initial strength and then starts going for more damage to round out his build which would be fitting for a Bruiser.

But Skill-wise I still see some kinks that should be worked out.

E: Siege Mode / Assault Mode

• Are the Cooldowns of other skills (like his Q) in both Forms linked or seperate? Can I use my Q, switch forms and immediately use it again? Does he thus have 2 ultimates?
    • The cooldown of this skill is crucial too. If it's a low cooldown you might be able to switch too freely. Like switching to Assault Mode in lane to poke and immediately switching back without giving your enemy a window to retaliate. If it's a high cooldown it might be very punishing to switch forms, like switching to Assault to chase down a fleeing enemy and then getting pancaked by a Superman from a jungle, not being able to switch to Siege mode fast enough. I feel that the cooldown should be long enough to enable enemies to react but not too long.

W: Fuel Cell Reinforcements / Overheated Fuel Cells

• Overheated Fuel Cells feels like a somewhat overloaded ability. AoE damage AND slow AND healing debuff with the possibility of a root. To balance it you would make single aspects of this ability so weak that their impact is barely noticable. Removing some of these aspects seems preferable. Also this would make his damage very AoE based.

R: Energy Shield / Satelite Cannon

• Energy Shield seems indeed somewhat uninspired and could be made mechanically stronger, especially if the cooldowns of Energy Shield and Satellite Cannon aren't seperate. For example, it could Knock back all enemies around the target when it forms making the skill a near global peel (call it Kinetic Barrier then).

Passive: Fusion Core

• The Primary function could make it hard for enemies and the Cyborg player himself to judge just how durable Atomic Cyborg currently is. Not being able to accurately judge your champions own's strength is dangerous. You could bait yourself into fights that you can't win because you are overestimating your own tankiness or running when to stand and fight would've been better. Something better might be gaining a defense buff when your HP drops below 30% that remains until out of fight. That way both Atomic Cyborg players and enemies would know that the last 30% are always the hardest to drop instead of the defensive slowly ramping up.
    • The Secondary function might lead to be the cause of players going full tank instead of a bruiser build since it seems to encourage exactly that.

Q: Absorb Energy / Release Energy

I kept this for semi-last since I think it has the most problems.

• Does Absorb Energy strip the armor by a flat amount or percentage based? If its flat then you would be encouraged in a teamfight to go for the squishies first, staying on them until you gain full Absorb Energy stacks then switching to Assault Mode and using Release Energy if the armor strip is too high this could make squishies into paper and drop them fast, making Atomic Cyborg a high priority peel target for Enforcers and Supports which is a spot better reserverd for melee assassins and melee enforcers. If it's percentage based you'd go for Enforcers first and then onto squishies which seems preferable but has it's own problems. If you steal a defense, percentage based, from an Enforcer as a stacking buff you might end up getting incredibly tanky yourself and that tankiness also heightens your damage (because of your passive). Which brings me to my next 2 points.
    • Are the Energy Absorbed stacks permanent (until used) or a temporary buff? If they are permanent you could gain them in lane via harass and use them in a teamfight. So you would begin the teamfight in Assault Mode drop you huge load, switch to Siege Mode and tank it out until maybe being able to use another Release Energy at the end of the fight. If that is not how they are intended to be used then they must be temporary which yields other problems. In lane it could be hard enough to ramp up the buff because of the short range of Absorb Energy and the fact that you have to hit a champion to stack it up. In teamfights you'd begin in Siege Mode ramp up the stacks... and what then? If you switch to Assault Mode in the middle of the fight and use Release Energy you put yourself in a very squishy situation, losing both the armor that Siege Mode gives you and a percentage of your armor because you used Release Energy. That might not be a good idea in the middle of a teamfight after you were probably hit by loads of random planes, swords, nuclear energy, gas and missile barrages so it would be more of a teamfight finisher but that would mean you would contribute not a lot damage wise until then and a finisher is better as an ultimate instead of the important, signature Q skill.
    • Are the Energy Absorbed stacks and the Stolen defense stacks one buff or a seperate buff? If the Energy Absorbed stacks are permanent then they must of course be seperate otherwise you could permanently buff your armor which, again, could be problematic when you steal it as a percentage. If it's seperate will you lose it when you use Release Energy? If not that would maybe be a fix to the prior mentioned "putting yourself into a very squishy situation".

Overall Skill Synergy
    Atomic Cyborg gain defenses from 3 sources right now: His Siege Mode, his Fusion Core primary function and defenses stolen by Absorb Energy. This could lead to very weird interactions.

• Is his Siege Mode defense gain a flat gain or percentage based? It sounds percentage based: "boosting all his defensive attributes". If its percentage based does it also boost defenses gained from the other 2 sources?
    • You want the switch to Assault Mode seem like switching from tankiness to damage. But when you switch you lose damage because you lose the defenses of Siege Mode that also boosted your damage thanks to Fusion Core's secondary function. So you end up losing damage when you switch into Assault Mode. That seems a bit counterintuitive.
    • Does the secondary function from Fusion Core also give you damage from the defenses gained by Fusion Core's primary function and the defenses stolen by Absorb Energy? If you steal armor based on a percentage from an enemy enforcers which then in turn also gets boosted by Siege Mode and then also turned into damage by Fusion Core's secondary function while being low HP and getting lots of defenses because of Fusion Core's primary function that also get turned into damage... what powerhouse would Atomic Cyborg become?

Right now he seems like a Game Design nightmare. He would be hard to get completely right especially if you think of how any amount of defense scaling interacts with his Q damage or Passive. Right now there might even be a lot of incentive of going pure tank (+ Scarab if he's power damage) staying in Siege mode and simply wailing on people since your damage scales with how tanky you are, becoming an unkillable monster that slowly chips away at people.

Sorry for the wall of text, I can't simply respond.. simple...
    Last edited by Malygon; 02-13-2014 at 10:22 AM.