Thread: Incentive

Incentive

I think the way to solve the long queues in CC is to give incentive for playing it (on equal terms with other maps). For instance, award bonus merit/exp for playing all three maps in a single day.

Something like that.
    "When the odds are impossible... do the impossible." -Superman, Action Comics 14 (New 52)

Re: Incentive

This idea. I like it.

Another!

Great idea.

I think also if there was more of an explanation of what to expect from each map easily visible at the selector screen we would see more players. If people don't really know what's up they will never go with the longest queue.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Force View Post
    I think the way to solve the long queues in CC is to give incentive for playing it (on equal terms with other maps). For instance, award bonus merit/exp for playing all three maps in a single day.

Something like that.
    I would really like this. Also maybe add achievements to get us playing all the maps, for example a basic achievement for playing on CC map 50 times. It would give an incentive to really get involved in all aspects of the game. I would play CC more if achievements where liked to it.

Good idea, but have some problems.

People would queue up for the map only for their daily bonus, not take it seriously, ruining it for people who likes the map and therefore doesn't want those people who doesn't really care for it on their team.

Maybe make it so they have to win. That would be best, because then if they loose their first few matches they will feel the need to keep playing more.

The reason no one plays Coast City is pretty much because no one plays Coast City. If we get at least some people playing it will give people hope enough to queue in again, thus repopulating the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Moneybags118 View Post
    Maybe make it so they have to win. That would be best, because then if they loose their first few matches they will feel the need to keep playing more.

The reason no one plays Coast City is pretty much because no one plays Coast City. If we get at least some people playing it will give people hope enough to queue in again, thus repopulating the queue.
    Then there will be ragers and toxic behavior for not winning, for not to forget tryharders going completely insane.

I like the idea, but it just doesn't work.
    Sure you can deal with ragers and toxic behavior, but it will become a sad aspect of the game to deal with every single game.

Would you really want to be able to find a game for CC, just to end up in a game with a bunch of tryhards/ragers?

Quote Originally Posted by Miraql View Post
    Good idea, but have some problems.

People would queue up for the map only for their daily bonus, not take it seriously, ruining it for people who likes the map and therefore doesn't want those people who doesn't really care for it on their team.
    I disagree with this assessment, because remember you still get more points if you win. So, just getting people to play a map is enough to make them want to win once they are in.

But someone mentioned achievements, and I think that would be a better solution. Because then you could have achievements for each map, making playing a map more often more beneficial. Then you won't get ragers, because it's a long game and not a once a day thing.
    "When the odds are impossible... do the impossible." -Superman, Action Comics 14 (New 52)

Quote Originally Posted by D-Force View Post
    I disagree with this assessment, because remember you still get more points if you win. So, just getting people to play a map is enough to make them want to win once they are in.

But someone mentioned achievements, and I think that would be a better solution. Because then you could have achievements for each map, making playing a map more often more beneficial. Then you won't get ragers, because it's a long game and not a once a day thing.
    I point you to the post over yours, it will not revive your beloved CC in the way you hope for.

Protector

I think first win of the day on each map is a good idea for repopulating CC. They have that on Smite and I feel it gives me incentive to want to try every mode and win at least once. As for toxicity and ragers, those are a given and will be there no matter what. Because if you think about it, whether the people who aren't really trying or don't really care are playing this map or not, they're still on some map causing angry people to lash out.

And maybe an achievement for winning 10 matches 25 matches and 50 matches on maps would be a good system. I don't feel this would bring out anymore venom in players than there already is because ultimately the goal is still the same; people are still trying to win right? Whether they're aiming for rewards or not, people who want to complain, will complain, and they'll find a reason to do it.