Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Angry Matchmaking,Leavers,AFKers,Penalties,Performance ? - Possible solution

Hello Turbine,

What are your plans on penalties and how about to make a proper matchmaking system?

The game is becoming i`m sorry unplayable, 2-3 leavers EACH game, i`m not talking about trolls and feeders - thats normal, to have a good game i must play only in 5 man premade, and lets take a look from the other side, we play 5 man premade vs lets call them firstimers, we kill em - they quit in 5mins and delete the game, i understand everything about beta and the rest, but its already OPEN beta, so you are loosing new players because they instantly quit the game when they are being killed 2-3 times in a row, normal players are loosing interest, because its not cool to play vs 3 guys, no challenge at all, solo players cant play because they will have 2-3 leavers in their team and the game will be just ruined.

I prefer to wait 5-10 min more to find a proper match rather than playing a fail game for 20-30min.

And another advice, make a good tutorial (how to play) video, very detailed, like press P to open the store, this is turret e.t.c, since its DC related game, we can see a lot of players who know nothing about moba, people just do not understand what they are doing and are not even reading a chat, they need that TUTORIAL and make it - MANDATORY, watch tutorial then you can play and everybody will be happy.

This things are crucial atm, so please do something about that.

Another thing, please optimize the game, lots of players are not able to play it because of enormous requirements, i got very very powerful pc, and still i`m facing performance problems, for example i run BF4 on ultra-high full hd with stable 80fps.

P.S.
    I understand that this is not the first time when you hear such comments, and you know about them, but what i am trying to say is that these things must take a 1st place in your TO-DO list.

P.P.S.
    I really hope that you guys will work on textures, mecha ww, environment, and make gotham divided more interesting and dynamic, the map is very grey, you do not feel any difference between gaslight side and prime side, they look the same, add light, you have meteors, some orange colors in the air, make it more atmospheric, look on your concept art picture few more times and make something similar on actual map.

You guys know how i like this game, and how i am worried about it and that i`m trying to make it better and help you, you are really not far from a success, but you are missing some key elements, rly.

Thank you ! (Sorry if it looks like rage, its not)
    Youri
    InfiniteCrisis.ru - CEO
    ICFunHouse.com - Infinite Crisis Funny GIFs,Memes,Videos and Epic Fan Art !

Re: Matchmaking,Leavers,AFKers,Penalties,Performance ? - Possible solution

I was in a match against pros who had an IC team member in there, and I told him to put in a proper damn matchmaking system. 4 people of average skill, vs. 5 pros that crushed us in 5 minutes.

I'm starting to lose interest in this game slowly because of this matchmaking system. A lot of people who play with me see I'm losing interest because I'm not playing as often as I used to, which is a real shame. 4 times today did I only get into good matches, the rest have been terrible.

It's not the overpowered champions, or the lag, or the DC that make people leave this game, it's the matchmaking system, and the sooner IC realizes that, the sooner they will notice a bigger community.
    Clicky-----> What I do to Batman! Nerf The Fastest Man Alive! History of Harley! <-----Clicky

Considering Harmony fourplusfive's Avatar

I have to concur, I've definitely reduced my playing time both due to the dearth of enjoyable matches and intense grind for merit. There's no enjoyment to be had in unbalanced matches whether it be blowing out the other team or being blown out.

Protector

The problem is, you need a solid playerbase for a solid matchmaking system... If turbine would implement (hidden) ELO to balance normal games, there are 2 scenarios that it can result in:

1. One high elo player will be "balanced" by putting 3-4 newbies in his team versus 5 average players. The matchmaking system will be happy because both team's average ELO will be roughly the same. However, one person cannot carry 4 bad players when he's up against 5 average players. Even if he goes 20/0, pushing on your own versus a full team with his own team derping around dying to turrets simply does not work.

2. If the matchmaker is coded to have a certain banding games will also suck. Tight bands mean only players within a certain range of ELO will be matched in a team to have roughly the same ELO players on each team, however this will never happen because the playerbase is too small and queue times would be over 30 min. If they opt for the standard banding expansion system where the bands slowly, as queue time increases, expand to allow bigger discrepancies between player ELO, you will have lesser queue times but just about the same matchmaking as we have right now.

Turbine has no incentive to introduce matchmaking as there will still be too many bad, unbalanced games.

Everything would be solved by a bigger playerbase. However, to get a bigger playerbase, the game needs to be enjoyable as a solo (new) player. And it currently isn't. At all.

As pointed out before, newbs usually get stomped resulting in uninstalls and "god this matchmaking" cries. Decent players will either get stomped or stomp. Every single game in IC right now is a one-way match. You either stomp or get stomped. I have yet to play a really close game in solo queue (after about 100 games played)...

TL;DR matchmaking isn't the issue. Playerbase is. But it won't increase because of too many unbalanced games which are not enjoyable for anyone.

I think the beta population is down a little bit also ... personally ive taken a break because of the heavy ranged favored meta we are seeing

but yeah I dont mind losing, it builds character and teaches lessons, but some form of match making is required

Wish that a game developer is reading this, as well as other well written posts that have excellent recommendations that will improve this game. More importantly, this game needs to be advertised better, so that the total number of players increases. I would go so far as to suggest that the community actively write to gaming sites like IGN and Gamespot so that they will cover this game more (and not just Titanfall).
    Steam: admonish

Quote Originally Posted by admonish View Post
    Wish that a game developer is reading this, as well as other well written posts that have excellent recommendations that will improve this game. More importantly, this game needs to be advertised better, so that the total number of players increases. I would go so far as to suggest that the community actively write to gaming sites like IGN and Gamespot so that they will cover this game more (and not just Titanfall).
    Titanfall .... lol so true dude

yes, but before making an advertisement, they must work on problems that i mentioned, otherwise the adv. will be worthless, because they already lose players, and not more than 10% will try it for second time.
    Youri
    InfiniteCrisis.ru - CEO
    ICFunHouse.com - Infinite Crisis Funny GIFs,Memes,Videos and Epic Fan Art !

Angry Joe actually brought a lot of people to IC I believe and has already posted multiple videos in his channel. Maybe getting him for a community stream with Ax and Zag would be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurun View Post
    Angry Joe actually brought a lot of people to IC I believe and has already posted multiple videos in his channel. Maybe getting him for a community stream with Ax and Zag would be a good idea.
    Agreed, but Ghettoman has a good point. It would be useless because all those people coming in would leave due to the terrible matchmaking system, and no tutorial.
    Clicky-----> What I do to Batman! Nerf The Fastest Man Alive! History of Harley! <-----Clicky