We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Angry Impressions from one Noob

So, MOBAs huh? This is... ridiculous. I mean... I don't even know where to begin...

Well, the whole reason I'm here right now is because of the matchmaking system. It placed me on a team with a guy that just raged and caused our team to lose. (The last time I played with him.) So, I tried to exit... but there was no button to exit. I wasn't going to waste my time, or add another loss to my record. Yet, the game wouldn't let me leave! So, I just forced the whole game to shutdown. I return to find a message, "You recently dodged a match. Penalty time remaining 3:xx". You have got to be kidding me!!! I shouldn't be forced to play with or against players if I don't want to. That's really lame.

That though, is just what prompted this visit to the forums. What I really want is to give general feedback about the game.

Unfortunately, this game has the same problems as League of Legends. (Which is probably why I don't enjoy the game much. And why I will eventually quit.) The people you meet online are generally horrible. They are selfish, twitchy-ragers that wouldn't know etiquette if I stamped it into their forehead. I mean, seriously. These guys freak-out about noobs every match. If anyone does ANYTHING they don't approve of, it's always a question, "y u do dat?!". Don't these people understand the game just went Open Beta? Don't they understand that means an influx of new players? You can't just say "bot", and expect everyone to understand what that means. You can't be mad when people don't know.

The number of egomaniacs in this game is way too high. Instead of trying to be helpful to new players, they trash talk. "y u take that item? ur stupid. ur build sux y u play liek tht?" Unbelievable. No suggestions, no advice, just rage and condescending attitudes. Make a mistake? "YOU SUCK!" Don't know what to do? "YOU SUCK!"

Besides attitude is the predominate MOBA playstyle. It isn't fun. Let's say I play a melee character. I am going to lose to every ranged character in most situations. All they do is stand at the edge of their range, and fire. When I move towards them, they move back. If I chase, they run. If I stop, they turn around and shoot me. If I turn BACK around, they run away again. If I chase them with any real effort, they will run to the safety of a tower or their base. To me, that isn't fun. It's really annoying. It's the real-life equivalent of someone childishly waving their hands in your face chanting, "not touching you! not touching you!". You might say that I could play a ranged character. Well, that never works. Somehow they get on top of me, and stay there. Even with a character like Joker, I can't get away. So, it's the same either way.

Then there's the overall strategy of, "Let's do exactly what everyone else does every time because that will definitely work!". You are all SO WRONG! Going 3/2 on GH will not always fail. I have been beaten by that strategy, and I have won by that strategy. Every time we win that way, the whole match I hear, "omg! idiots!". Even after the match it doesn't stop, "ur so stupid. i cant believe we won. my team sux gg.". The one-dimensional view of most players is pathetic. You have to be able to adapt to changing situations. You cannot just rely on 4/1 and hope for the best.

I feel like I've forgotten an important point... Oh well...

Re: Impressions from one Noob

First of all, the game is sort of brand new, the Matchmaking will come at times, but right now the playerbase is simply too small to support it.

I myself had to deal with them quite a lot, I ignore the person if he just flames constantly, there's no point in listening to him then.

The section around builds is hard to discuss, since new players (those I've had so far) tends to completely ignore the fact that there's an recommended item list right there to select items from.
    They also refuse to read what their skills scales with and what damage type they are, so they end up building the most random items, most of the time 5x of Tier2 items which is just a useless character in the long end, forcing the game into a 4v5 situation, there's a reason to some players can get annoyed in these situations.

However you should never be allowed to rage for it, you should instead help people, I helped a guy (Midgetofdoom, hopefully he won't mind about this) to understand that building several items at the same time wouldn't contribute much to his character, therenext told him in a friendly way that the item he bought wouldn't do him much in this situation.

Sadly not everybody is friendly, MOBA-type games have the downside of drawing some of the worst kinds to its community, take a look at League for an example, even their bloody tribunal is a joke, people reporting each other hard because he didn't build the current "META" build or for not banning Kassadin etc.

TL;DR

Would be sad missing another player, just give it time man, find some people to play with and stick to that, everybody else does since Pub games will forever stay Pub games.
    My Champion Concept: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...-Atomic-Cyborg

My wish list for upcoming patches: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...-WALL-OF-TEXT)

Proud DotA veteran.

Because clearly quitting the game and raging is going to change the mind of the guy who called you a noob, instead of ruining yet another one of his games (and the other 9 players) and further reinforcing his point that new players that put no effort into the game are worthless, rather than asking for advice and playing as a team.

Pro or noob, put up or shut up.
    Last edited by hammerreborn; 02-18-2014 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigOlMoose View Post

Besides attitude is the predominate MOBA playstyle. It isn't fun. Let's say I play a melee character. I am going to lose to every ranged character in most situations. All they do is stand at the edge of their range, and fire. When I move towards them, they move back. If I chase, they run. If I stop, they turn around and shoot me. If I turn BACK around, they run away again. If I chase them with any real effort, they will run to the safety of a tower or their base. To me, that isn't fun. It's really annoying. It's the real-life equivalent of someone childishly waving their hands in your face chanting, "not touching you! not touching you!". You might say that I could play a ranged character. Well, that never works. Somehow they get on top of me, and stay there. Even with a character like Joker, I can't get away. So, it's the same either way.

Thanks for the feedback, but I don't know what is the point of this, Tbh.
    You are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your key isn't working or got any comment or feedback? go here
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

Submit a ticket, to do all listed above.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

He is a little cyco, but when he sings, he sings like SYCO ANGELS
    He is Sycogenesis, check his stream. http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

When you watch his stream, you'll think about the future, the children, and he's helping them with every minute he plays
    He is Kaymak check the stream! http://www.twitch.tv/gotenks6663

Figuring out the balance of how to kill a ranged character with a melee character is a skill that takes effort to learn. You don't just log in to a MOBA for the first time and go 20/0/20. The more you play, the better you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraql View Post
    Would be sad missing another player, just give it time man, find some people to play with and stick to that, everybody else does since Pub games will forever stay Pub games.
    I don't really know anyone that plays the game. Not personally anyway. Most of my allies don't even respond to me during matches. So... no groups for me.

I haven't given up on the game. Not yet at least.

Quote Originally Posted by hammerreborn View Post
    Because clearly quitting the game and raging is going to change the mind of the guy who called you a noob, instead of ruining yet another one of his games (and the other 9 players) and further reinforcing his point that new players that put no effort into the game are worthless, rather than asking for advice and playing as a team.

Pro or noob, put up or shut up.
    What? Is *that* what you took away from this? Thank you for reinforcing the "I'll be a jerk because it's the internet" meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrlucho View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, but I don't know what is the point of this, Tbh.
    Don't know what the point of your comment is... to be honest. (<---Hey look! It's not a chat room!)

Quote Originally Posted by Varking View Post
    Figuring out the balance of how to kill a ranged character with a melee character is a skill that takes effort to learn. You don't just log in to a MOBA for the first time and go 20/0/20. The more you play, the better you get.
    I have found that experience does not equate to skill. (Talking about games in general, not just IC or MOBAs.) Personally I have tried many games, and eventually... I just hit a wall. It doesn't matter how much I play. (100s or even 1000s of hours!) It doesn't matter how much dedication I have. At a certain point, no amount of guides or advice can make any difference. I just have to "get it", and if I don't... The reason some people are great, is they can improve to break those walls. It seems I cannot. That may seem silly, but it's sadly accurate.

I love fighting games and RTS games... but I can't play them online. I've been a big fan of both since the early 1990's. I just can't win at them! I've wasted a ridiculous amount of time (*literally* YEARS!) trying to get good at fighting and RTS games. I never made it. Somehow, I am complete garbage in both genres. For the life of me, I cannot understand how I could even *be* so bad. So, I gave up on RTS and fighting games... entirely.

So, I'm holding on to my last shred of hope... MOBAs. If this doesn't work-out for me, I'm probably finished with competitive gaming. Games are supposed to be fun. I find that playing competitively makes games exceedingly difficult and stressful. Don't get me wrong! I like a good challenge. I just don't like being stomped 20-30 matches in a row. After the 4th or 5th time you've hit a losing streak that bad, it's time to "hang it up".

Luckily, I'm not there with IC yet, but I can see the wall from here. Anyway... /response /rant

Quote Originally Posted by BigOlMoose View Post
    Don't know what the point of your comment is... to be honest. (<---Hey look! It's not a chat room!)
    It was clearly waiting for your response, because you are just complaining about a Ranged champion agains one melee.. and just complaining because ranged can attack at ranged distances.
    You are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your key isn't working or got any comment or feedback? go here
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

Submit a ticket, to do all listed above.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

He is a little cyco, but when he sings, he sings like SYCO ANGELS
    He is Sycogenesis, check his stream. http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

When you watch his stream, you'll think about the future, the children, and he's helping them with every minute he plays
    He is Kaymak check the stream! http://www.twitch.tv/gotenks6663

Completely disagree with your assessment in a MOBA of not getting more skilled as you played. When I first started playing MOBAs, I ran into turrets, I over-extended, I chased, I put myself in poor situations in terms of terrain. I chose skills wrong and I missed on skill shots. Over time, you learn where you are safe, how far your skills reach, how to time various attacks. You become more skilled. When you become more skilled, you take down that ranged character with your melee one.

What? Is *that* what you took away from this? Thank you for reinforcing the "I'll be a jerk because it's the internet" meme.
    What else was I supposed to get from it? Whaaahhh someone was mean on the internet so i took my ball and went home?

Moose, if you have fun, then play. I'm not particularly good at RTS either, yet SC2 is one of my favorite games. I happily play from time to time, moving around in Bronze, Silver, and Gold (though now I believe league placement can only go up). I have a blast. When I don't, I take a break.

I would think that with this being a team game, you just need to find your niche (Champion Class in this case) and you should do well. I am particularly fond of Assassins, because their skills mesh well with how I like to play the game. After you figure out which class you like, then you can start narrowing down build orders.

Let me tell you, man, I went 2/12 the first time that I used Cyborg. At the time he was still a lesser threat that Gas Bat, but he was more than a viable choice for someone that could use him. Now Cyborg is one of my favorite Champs and one that I do pretty well with (though that doesn't mean much at the moment).

Just get over the fact that you will die...A LOT...and then get out there and play each Class. Find the one you like, then find your favorite Champ in the class. From there you will be able to start to focus on improving. And you do need to have a plan of action otherwise all the practice in the world means nothing.

If you are on the NA server, feel free to add me as a friend and I will try to help you out with the basics.