Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Longest GD match?

I just checked, and the longest match that I have played to date was just under 62 minutes. There are a handful in there that are in the 50-60 minute range, but the majority seem to be in the 30-40 minute range.

The length of the game doesn't matter much to me so long as it's fun, but yeah, pushing an hour and a half is a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoulrath View Post
    I just checked, and the longest match that I have played to date was just under 62 minutes. There are a handful in there that are in the 50-60 minute range, but the majority seem to be in the 30-40 minute range.

The length of the game doesn't matter much to me so long as it's fun, but yeah, pushing an hour and a half is a bit much.
    dude it felt so much longer lol, I was so ready to be done, but we literaly kept going back n forth for a good 40 mins of just swapping team fight victorys
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruwolf View Post
    There is no competition at your level yet Wreck ... come back later .. Diamonds need not apply
    :-(

Quote Originally Posted by hammerreborn View Post
    I've had a lot of 60 minute + games lately.

And this is why I hate the surrender monkeys. We could have surrendered at 20 minutes, but we stuck it out and was one bug away from victory. And it was definitely one of the closest and evenly skilled matches I've played so far (and I'm nearly level 20)
    ^See above for truth-bomb.

a 60-minute game means at least someone was working hard and making plays. I'd rather be the guy who goes 30/10/x in a 4v5 that keeps our team alive, even if we lose, than be on the winning side of a complete slaughter. And whoever said that only getting 83 merit was a waste of time is missing the whole point of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    ^See above for truth-bomb.

a 60-minute game means at least someone was working hard and making plays. I'd rather be the guy who goes 30/10/x in a 4v5 that keeps our team alive, even if we lose, than be on the winning side of a complete slaughter. And whoever said that only getting 83 merit was a waste of time is missing the whole point of the game.

Troof~~^!!!
    There is no competition at your level yet Wreck ... come back later .. Diamonds need not apply

Voice of dissent incoming. While I'm totally with the player base that enjoys a good 60 minute game, I feel that there are two issues that need to be addressed:

1. The majority of games that people would wish to surrender are completely lopsided stomp-fests. Sure, there are occasionally games where you can win and many argue that there is always a way to win, but let's stick to reality and not possibility. When people are losing they feel bad and stressed and blame each-other. Teamwork only gets worse. Call them newbies, call them bad, say they need to play more. It's their choice, not ours.

2. Just because some of us don't like surrender does not mean that it should not be implemented. All major MOBAs have a surrender option, and it's been such a successful addition that it's pretty much ingrained into the genre, like it or not. It's the nature of the genre, especially since IC is more DotA-like in it's snowball capability.

TL;DR Surrender needs to be implemented because everyone expects it to be due to the examples set by LoL and DotA. Not doing it just to add another check-box on the list of "why IC isn't LoL" is just begging for a FFXIV to happen. The majority of players will expect surrender, no data needed, it's totally obvious.
    Last edited by Paradigm; 03-03-2014 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    Voice of dissent incoming. While I'm totally with the player base that enjoys a good 60 minute game, I feel that there are two issues that need to be addressed:

1. The majority of games that people would wish to surrender are completely lopsided stomp-fests. Sure, there are occasionally games where you can win and many argue that there is always a way to win, but let's stick to reality and not possibility. When people are losing they feel bad and stressed and blame each-other. Teamwork only gets worse. Call them newbies, call them bad, say they need to play more. It's their choice, not ours.

2. Just because some of us don't like surrender does not mean that it should not be implemented. All major MOBAs have a surrender option, and it's been such a successful addition that it's pretty much ingrained into the genre, like it or not. It's the nature of the genre, especially since IC is more DotA-like in it's snowball capability.

TL;DR Surrender needs to be implemented because everyone expects it to be due to the examples set by LoL and DotA. Not doing it just to add another check-box on the list of "why IC isn't LoL" is just begging for a FFXIV to happen. The majority of players will expect surrender, no data needed, it's totally obvious.
    Im pretty sure theyre working on adding it in OB

like 50 minutes for me
    Catwoman is da best

I had a 62 minute match today that felt like 90. And we ended up losing. Ugh.

10 straight losses on GD in the last three days. At least my team was good this time and the game was a fun back and forth.

Surrender needs to be implemented because everyone expects it to be due to the examples set by LoL and DotA.
    Dota 2 doesn't have a surrender option. The only way is for the entire team to leave the game to end the match.
    Last edited by KGB_Jokaz; 03-16-2014 at 06:34 AM.

I was apart of this game but sadly i broke this game time with a 90 minute one so yeah...
    Also Spartans never surrender neither should we