Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A message from a NOOB...

Hello all,
    I'm a noob. Not a MOBA-noob, but a Infinite crisis noob... and a real one (hence my nickname : UltimateLooser, hu, hu, hu).

I would like to discuss (again) with the "I'm a pro and I don't like the noobs" people of this community. Because I just finished
    a match where I've seen absolutely abject behavior from someone.

"XXXXX big noob"
    Yes, even if it wasn't me insulted, you allready know, the moment the words appears tha you just gain
    30 % chances to loose the game. Insulting others really don't help team cohesion...

"Go learn to play"
    Yes, I want to, but I'm searching bots play and there isn't at the moment. I would love to be able to test loadout and skills
    without penalizing my team. But, again, we can't do that for the moment. And you just add a 20 % chances to loose...

"I've reported XXXX"
    Yes, like from other MOBA, we can see peoples reporting others because they don't know how to play... Terrible!
    Sorry for the noobs not to be up to your expectations. And if you reported a player because he is AFK, look if you
    don't have been, per chance, flaming him since is first death... (and a 40 % more chance to loose...)

Game over.

Anyway, this is just to say that common sense dictate that the happier the player the better he is (that's the volley player
    talking). I would like people remember the Heroes of Newerth example. That's the more toxic community existing, with a
    lot of Noob-haters and insults-spamming-players. They wanted their "pro" game and they got it... And where stand HoN now ?
    Nowhere... And S2Games is hard at work to do a more Noob-friendly game because lot of "Silly-pro players" just have SUNK
    their work AND revenue !

I like Infinite crisis. It would be great to give a ****ing chance to this game !
    That's not if there isn't any competition this year, hu?

So, please, just wait for bots match or a better matchmaking before preying noobs.

PS : sorry for the english, not my native tongue
    Last edited by UltimateLooser; 02-19-2014 at 01:32 PM.

Re: A message from a NOOB...

Don't worry, most of the people that resort to calling out new or bad players, are 1) not pros, 2) bad themselves, or 3) as*holes. We've all started with no knowledge of the game and of MOBAs at one point.
    "In fearful day, in raging night,
    With strong hearts full, our souls ignite.
    When all seems lost in the War of Light,
    Look to the stars, for hope burns bright!"

Come say hello to me on:
    Twitch - Twitter - Youtube

Noob here to IC & MOBA games. So far I've really been blown away by the courteousness shown by a lot of players. They've suggested I move to an area of the map that might a bit easier for me. Politely informed me to stop running into the turrets (sure I can take it down :-).
    There will be some d*cks that burn me in the message window but karma's a b*tch, I'll kick your a** one day.

I've found that there is some kind of mathematical relationship with skill and chillness. The better you are the chill-er you get. Limits and stuff, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    I've found that there is some kind of mathematical relationship with skill and chillness. The better you are the chill-er you get. Limits and stuff, man.
    I wish this was true, but there are plenty of very skilled players so toxic they put Atomic Ivy to shame.

Anyway, bad people exist at all levels OP and hopefully you found nice people by now.

I don't berate noobs and I'm not by any means a pro player but people who can't even buy items or follow simple commands(come with us to top in GH) make it really really hard. And we don't need AI bots to learn how to play when there's Dawnbase, there's loads of nice guides there by now. A bit of reading goes a long way, it won't solve the micromanagement issues people might have but it increases the chances a good deal if you know what you're trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurun View Post
    I don't berate noobs and I'm not by any means a pro player but people who can't even buy items or follow simple commands(come with us to top in GH) make it really really hard. And we don't need AI bots to learn how to play when there's Dawnbase, there's loads of nice guides there by now. A bit of reading goes a long way, it won't solve the micromanagement issues people might have but it increases the chances a good deal if you know what you're trying to do.
    I´m agree, some "noobs" no even look a guide to know the basics of the game or the maps, thats is annoying, i start 4 weeks ago, but after start playing I read some guides and look some videos this is the minimum that a new player should do.

having played several MOBA styled games the best advice I can give noobies is. If someone starts raging at you for not playing on their lvl or just raging in general just mute/ignore them and report at the end of the match. You never have to respond to them that just brings you down to their lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Kroda13 View Post
    having played several MOBA styled games the best advice I can give noobies is. If someone starts raging at you for not playing on their lvl or just raging in general just mute/ignore them and report at the end of the match. You never have to respond to them that just brings you down to their lvl.
    That's The Spirt Now we need 32 million of you guys
    Keep the Peace!
    Moving To Las Vegas Watch me Play Poker! http://www.twitch.tv/s0lo

I'm always willing to teach players on my team if they are willing to learn.

The best thing that a new player can do is state that they are new immediately in chat so that some basic instructions (buy items, don't run into turrets, etc.) can be quickly given.

It's very easy to get toxic when your entire team goes 3/15, feeding the entire opposing team and cementing your loss. I tend not to get toxic (though I have a few times), but I do ***** a lot. But whatever, I took the facebook Sesame Street quiz, and it says that I'm Oscar the Grouch. Sounds right.

The point is, say that you are new and most players will help you. Follow their advice and they will continue to do so. But if you start going off, doing your own thing, and not contributing (or worse, feeding), then you may have some people call you out.