Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Considering Harmony

Coast City the Forgotten Child of IC

Since the release of Gotham Divided coast city does not get play. Unless it is in a custom match and even then those custom matches are few and far between. Being a lover of the map, its mechanics, and how it started much of how we run our meta's in GD. I am truly saddened by its decline in play time. Why do I not queue for CC? One may ask, the last time I did so I waited for over an hour and thirty mins and still nothing. Not so much as a false pop. This is ridiculous three maps and one is now being called the "Ghost City Marina".

I do not know if the dev's care all that much but I have a few proposals as to what to do about this lack of play. One first and foremost continue with the pro scene in CC, don't just let it die because there is a three lane map now. Two add in the option to run a 3v3 in both GD map as well as CC.

Why would we do that? Simple you can increase number of people playing instead of waiting on a game and decrease the number of complaints people have about waiting on a game and queue times being "stupid" long. Why would you continue with a pro scene in CC? Well that one is simple as well, it is the map that started your pro scene promote it with pride, the number of people that flocked to CC because they saw the ESL sky rocketed. BUt after the initial surge of interest, due to the fact that more people wanted GD instead (NA server the minority wanted CC) those who were interested in trying to play the map did not get the chance.

Finally I propose a bi weekly bracket competition of some sort that gives a minor real cash reward (Crisis coins) and a major merit coin reward. Not only boosting the maps play time but also giving something back to the Community. The bracket would obviously need to be handled by IC as would The rewards. However first thing that is needed is interest from the People. Give me your feedback guys. I have a fully mapped out plan for how the brack would work number of teams allowed, prerequisites for entering, as well as number of hours needed to play in order to receive certain rewards, as well as a solo queue bracket setup as well and prerequisites for that as well.

Please help me REVIVE COAST CITY MARINA

Re: Coast City the Forgotten Child of IC

I have made an suggestion in Streaming the map, in Custom Mode.

That way nobody would be mad over losing, and try to just have fun at first.

- People who wanted to see the map could come in and see the map

- People who wanted to play the map, could join the custom game and play, find people that also plays it

- A community would slowly get created

Sadly nobody really replied to it, so therefore I think Coast City literally is doomed to being Ghost City.
    My Champion Concept: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...-Atomic-Cyborg

My wish list for upcoming patches: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...-WALL-OF-TEXT)

Proud DotA veteran.

Turbine doesn't want you to play CC (now) anyway, they want us to play Gotham Divided to give them feedback about what to change/improve. Maybe when Gotham Divided is finished they will give us an incentive to play all maps.

Considering Harmony fourplusfive's Avatar

Coast City should stay dead. Whenever someone tries to resurrect it the entire Green Lantern corps ends up dead and Parallax gets on the loose.

as fourlplus five said... we need 5 lanterns to bring CC back.
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.

*How To post a DxDiag

*Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

*I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn

Considering Harmony

Everyone Jokes about Coast city however. What I see in Coast Is so much Potential for a really competitive scene. People have talked about the snowballing of COast City being the reason why it does not lead itself to a pro scene. I disagree Highly, it is fairly simple actually to balance the map. But that is beside the point I want more Coast City this needs a bump and there must be volunteers.

I think its sad that people dont play CC, it is a great map but i feel that bc people are afraid of change that there just to scared to learn the CC meta. Ya i know alot of us played the **** out of it b4 GD but thats still no reason to never play up it again.

Considering Harmony

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorzeroni View Post
    I think its sad that people dont play CC, it is a great map but i feel that bc people are afraid of change that there just to scared to learn the CC meta. Ya i know alot of us played the **** out of it b4 GD but thats still no reason to never play up it again.
    I Am in total agreement with you and thise here needs another bump.

I tried queue up today. I waited 30 minutes and no game.

Ill try again though.

Well if you need players for CC, I'm up. I like all the map and I think CC imo is currently the hardest map due to double junglers and their ganks.