We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Catwoman whooped!

Hey all, little thing I was thinking about today. I love Catwoman, she is a great hero and she is played well and she was designed well. However, I have a slight issue with her range. I was playing cyborg against her and then I had a game with MWW against her and I realized. With the amount of Ad this little kitty can put out why is it that her whip has such a brutal range? Thoughts anyone?

Re: Catwoman whooped!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayshan View Post
    Hey all, little thing I was thinking about today. I love Catwoman, she is a great hero and she is played well and she was designed well. However, I have a slight issue with her range. I was playing cyborg against her and then I had a game with MWW against her and I realized. With the amount of Ad this little kitty can put out why is it that her whip has such a brutal range? Thoughts anyone?
    She's that "poke" character that dominates lane due to that.
    Her early game shines because she can freely hit you from an huge range.

The real problem with her is she scales way too hard into lategame and her cooldown on the mobiliy skills is an joke.
    My Champion Concept: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...-Atomic-Cyborg

My wish list for upcoming patches: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...-WALL-OF-TEXT)

Proud DotA veteran.

Ok, I can see that. and I agree. But wouldnt it fix that if the devs just left the dmg ratios and dmg the same but reduced the range slightly? That way she wasn't so much like a ranged character

Quote Originally Posted by Jayshan View Post
    My experience using her is, she is so insanely overpowered right now. She critical hits 3-4 times out of 5 without any critical bonuses. She can also take bruisers on like they are noting. An experienced person using her in lane pushing auto-matically shuts down the lane. I was in a match against pixxy one time as catwomen, I was able to gain 3 levels before pixxy could gain one, because at the start of the match all I did was hit her with my whip and 2-3 hits she was under 25% and had to retreat.

I don't think it's catwomens range that is the issue, its the huge critical chance she has mixed with her damage mixed with her ability to stun/knock down/slow people, mixed with her acrobats make her impossible to kill a lot of times.

Her acrobats should have a 10-15 second cooldown, not a 4 second cooldown. Her whip should have a 10 second cooldown, not a 4 second cooldown, and her critical chance needs to be more like a 1 and 10 chance of happening. For Gods sake, she gets more criticals with tier 2 Joe chills revolver then Gaslight batman gets with tier 4 joe chills and tier 4 velocities.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraql View Post
    She's that "poke" character that dominates lane due to that.
    Her early game shines because she can freely hit you from an huge range.

The real problem with her is she scales way too hard into lategame and her cooldown on the mobiliy skills is an joke.
    She scales well into late-game because she is a late-game Champ. But the range of her Q, combined with the cooldown, makes her very hard to deal with early on.

Truthfully, they had her in a nice spot a couple of patches ago. Turbine seems to be doing this odd design where abilities that slow no longer grow in slow rate like they used to, but rather start at a fixed rate. When Cat came out, her W had a 35% slow if I'm not mistaken. It then scaled to something like 65%, which was ridiculously high. But then they made her W have a fixed slow of 50%, so now all you need to do to chase for the kill is put a single point into the ability, which has a lower mana cost than the higher tiers do. So you get all the slow you will ever get from one point in W, which allows you to no-brainer max that Q without a second thought.

They often talk about wanting the items to not be no-brainer choices. They say that they want counter-play, and the items seem to be headed in a good spot. But the abilities are lacking in my opinion. Now, for the most part, you basically level a skill because it will then allow you to deal more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoulrath View Post
    She scales well into late-game because she is a late-game Champ. But the range of her Q, combined with the cooldown, makes her very hard to deal with early on.
    I'll have to disagree here.

Low cooldowns and low will costs equals a great early game, meaning her power is in the early game.
    Being capable in scaling this hard into late game with that insane early game, is a huge problem.

My wish list for upcoming patches: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...-WALL-OF-TEXT)

Proud DotA veteran.

correct me if I'm wrong but people are just copying and pasting replies from an earlier thread for Catwoman heh. I expect when Saphire arrives on Wednesday we will se the much anticpated decline of the op version of Catwoman.
    Robin use him because you should

I see Catwoman's Q as similar to Gangplank from LoL's Q. They're both spammable ranged attacks that count as a basic attack. Gangplank's Q is currently not overpowered so making Catwoman's Q similar in damage, range, and cool down could fix some problems.

Question: Psi Scimitar works similarly to Trinity Force in LoL so does Psi Scimitar's effect proc with Catwoman's Q or does the effect become available for Catwoman's next basic attack AFTER she uses her Q?
    Favorite DC characters I want added:
    [X] Aquaman
    [X] Batman
    [ ] Madame Xanadu
    [ ] Nightwing
    [X] Shazam

Quote Originally Posted by fddazzed View Post
    I see Catwoman's Q as similar to Gangplank from LoL's Q. They're both spammable ranged attacks that count as a basic attack. Gangplank's Q is currently not overpowered so making Catwoman's Q similar in damage, range, and cool down could fix some problems.

Question: Psi Scimitar works similarly to Trinity Force in LoL so does Psi Scimitar's effect proc with Catwoman's Q or does the effect become available for Catwoman's next basic attack AFTER she uses her Q?
    Yes, it works the same way.
    Her Whip will gain benefit from the Psi-Scimitar proc.

It's a great item for her if you know what you're doing.

Proud DotA veteran.