The client crashes whenever I click play

I downloaded the beta in hopes of playing the game but whenever I open the client it loads in the bottom or "verifies" which is what it says at the bottom. After that Is done I click play and then the client just crashes. I play league and it runs just fine. It was suggested that I run the App as an administrator and run service pack 3. I run it as an administrator but my computer only has service pack 2 and 5 (even though downloaded pack 3 but my computer denied it). What's going on here? I was hoping to be one of the first few people to play this.

Re: The client crashes whenever I click play

I have this exact same issue. If I use the keyboard it works without issue, but when I click with the mouse (on anything) it seems to freeze and I can't use the mouse or keyboard.

Are you inferring that the client opens when you use the tab button to select play or are you suggesting that you still have the problem even when the client opens to the main menu and you try to use the mouse? I literally have not seen what the main menu of this game looks like at all. It's pretty frustrating. All I can do is watch champ spotlights hoping This will be resolved sooner or later.

I can see the loader and I can start the game, but I can't get past the Login screen as I need to click on the buttons and anytime I use the mouse, it crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKlAuric View Post
    I can see the loader and I can start the game, but I can't get past the Login screen as I need to click on the buttons and anytime I use the mouse, it crashes.
    Well consider yourself lucky because I can't even get past the repair/play screen

So is anyone answering these? What's the deal?