Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A couple ways to stop AFKers. {MSG for Turbine}

So last match was my last match for a couple hours. Already had 2 afkers today, and had to deal with another one last match. Afked 5 times, and I just had enough after he afked twice, I just let the enemy team know where he afked.

So onward to my ideas,

1! I got into a lobby thinking the AFK was over before I quit for the day to find the timer was ticking down and this guy who AFKed 5 times was on my team. No champion was picked and in 10 seconds the match was going to start. DODGE! Anyways, Way # 1, If a person doesn't pick a champion in 30 seconds, the lobby then closes. The system should not pick a champion, knowing that person is AFKed, then the team with that person is forced to lose. So a 30 second countdown to pick a champion, or the lobby closes.

2. If a person who is clicking 'Find Match' is always getting timed out because he doesn't want to click join or is AFKed, then that person should not be allow to find a match for 15 minutes, after 5 straight times.

3. AFKers need worse consequences. Sure, I know a lot of people are against this, but just think after 10-15 reports, the person is suspended for 1-2 days, and if it happens again the person is banned from the beta. This would get the message across that AFKing is not okay, and the results are extreme if caught doing it too many times. After the beta is over, they are then allowed to rejoin the game if they wish. Further AFKing will gain strikes against the persons account, and after 5 strikes the person is then permanently removed from the game.

4. In settings people are allowed to check, 'Join game in process'. If a person has AFKed for more then 2-3minutes he is kicked from the match, and the people looking for a match with the setting checked, will then be allowed to join and take his place. They will be rewarded with the same gold as a fellow teammate, but will be stuck playing the persons selected champion. The player will also be rewarded with the same level as the second lowest person on the team. {AFKer being the lowest level}
    Last edited by Wehrmacht_Bunny; 02-23-2014 at 04:36 PM.
    Clicky-----> What I do to Batman! Nerf The Fastest Man Alive! History of Harley! <-----Clicky

Re: A couple ways to stop AFKers. {MSG for Turbine}

Joining a losing match would probably be enraging, not sure that feature would work at all and if people had to check a box most probably wouldn't, enough to not make a difference. Not to mention having to deal with a potentially terrible build.

On reports, well anyone can report indiscrimanetely right? I had a major crash yesterday at the end of a lost game I was very probably reported because they couldn't know my system crashed, it would be extreme bad luck but it could happen a few more times.

agree on not starting a game if someone is clearly afk though.

if they implement a system like league of legends where they gain more xp so they can stay up with the team while they are afk that would be great. or they can do something like dota where they let you guys quit the game if one person afks for more than 5Mins i think.

they may not do either of these but these are 2 really good concepts that can use / play around with and make better.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurun View Post
    Joining a losing match would probably be enraging, not sure that feature would work at all and if people had to check a box most probably wouldn't, enough to not make a difference. Not to mention having to deal with a potentially terrible build.
    Well like I said, the person joining would get the same amount of gold as another teammate and the same level as the second lowest. So the build the afker used would be wiped. And it's not always a losing match when a person afks. I usually have more afkers when we are close to winning a match, then when we are close to losing a match.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurun View Post
    On reports, well anyone can report indiscrimanetely right? I had a major crash yesterday at the end of a lost game I was very probably reported because they couldn't know my system crashed, it would be extreme bad luck but it could happen a few more times.
    I doubt someone is going to crash or lose connection 3-4 matches in a row, and if they do they shouldn't be allowed to play, because they are ruining other peoples experience.
    Clicky-----> What I do to Batman! Nerf The Fastest Man Alive! History of Harley! <-----Clicky

Quote Originally Posted by Wehrmacht_Bunny View Post
    So last match was my last match for a couple hours. Already had 2 afkers today, and had to deal with another one last match. Afked 5 times, and I just had enough after he afked twice, I just let the enemy team know where he afked.

So onward to my ideas,

1! I got into a lobby thinking the AFK was over before I quit for the day to find the timer was ticking down and this guy who AFKed 5 times was on my team. No champion was picked and in 10 seconds the match was going to start. DODGE! Anyways, Way # 1, If a person doesn't pick a champion in 30 seconds, the lobby then closes. The system should not pick a champion, knowing that person is AFKed, then the team with that person is forced to lose. So a 30 second countdown to pick a champion, or the lobby closes.

2. If a person who is clicking 'Find Match' is always getting timed out because he doesn't want to click join or is AFKed, then that person should not be allow to find a match for 15 minutes, after 5 straight times.

3. AFKers need worse consequences. Sure, I know a lot of people are against this, but just think after 10-15 reports, the person is suspended for 1-2 days, and if it happens again the person is banned from the beta. This would get the message across that AFKing is not okay, and the results are extreme if caught doing it too many times. After the beta is over, they are then allowed to rejoin the game if they wish. Further AFKing will gain strikes against the persons account, and after 5 strikes the person is then permanently removed from the game.

4. In settings people are allowed to check, 'Join game in process'. If a person has AFKed for more then 2-3minutes he is kicked from the match, and the people looking for a match with the setting checked, will then be allowed to join and take his place. They will be rewarded with the same gold as a fellow teammate, but will be stuck playing the persons selected champion. The player will also be rewarded with the same level as the second lowest person on the team. {AFKer being the lowest level}
    I agree with the majority of this... I really like the idea of a person getting kicked out of the beta for being a consistent afker or leaver of these games. If the system was designed to detect that when a person goes afk consistently and gets reported for going afk than I am totally on board for that person to face some kind of punishment and it should be a series of steps like ~
    1. A Warning after the 5th time the person goes afk (whether its 5x in the same day or in a week or whatever) and this warning states that if the person goes afk one more time within than further repercussions will happen.
    2. The next step is a one week ban from the game and this would include not being able to log in so no shopping. Then the person is allowed back in the game with the secondary caveat that if the person goes afk again in the next 7 days than there will be a further repercussion which is...
    3. The person is banned for two weeks. Then after those two weeks the person will be on a two week probationary period and if the person goes afk again than...
    4. The person is banned from the Beta period.
    Then once the game is officially launched the person can restart but even after the game is Launched I think these sorts of repercussions should be in place.

Now obviously a person might be able to get a work around by creating a brand new account but if the person is somebody who was somewhat financially invested in the game, like being a Founder, than even the possibility of being banned and having to start over would deter at least those people from committing all these afks and leaving of the games.

I also think that people should ONLY report other people who actually commit these actions and I hope that IC is set up in a way to detect if a person is accidentally Disconnected versus a person who goes afk or leaves the game on purpose. There is a big difference between the two.

Joining Harmony

Quote Originally Posted by Wehrmacht_Bunny View Post
    I'm not gonna comment on the rest of your post (I'm pretty meh on it) but to this part I gotta say HELL NAW.

sometimes I like to random roll a champ, should I be completely unable to random? this is a very poor way to determine if someone is AFK or not. not to mention a few times I've just missed the champ select due to being alt tabbed out, but I've always made it back in time for the loading screen.

Quote Originally Posted by JackL View Post
    I'm not gonna comment on the rest of your post (I'm pretty meh on it) but to this part I gotta say HELL NAW.

sometimes I like to random roll a champ, should I be completely unable to random? this is a very poor way to determine if someone is AFK or not. not to mention a few times I've just missed the champ select due to being alt tabbed out, but I've always made it back in time for the loading screen.
    It's not a random draw, it goes to top to bottom. So if someone has WW it will pick Arcane GL, it never picks a random champion.

And I've think I've seen you before in a match afked. Not sure, I just think I have.

Quote Originally Posted by JackL View Post

It would be easy to put a random option in the menu... Or roll a damn d20 or something, culling the AFK people before the game starts is actually a great idea.

People seem to generally be against this type of thing because they are worried that if their game crashes they'll be banned. But that's a bit paranoid as typically you won't get banned unless it happens several times in a row over a short period of time. This doesn't happen to the average Joe, it happens to the people genuinely ruining other players' experience.

Also, LoL currently won't launch a match if a player doesn't select a champ. Don't see why IC can't do this.