Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Turbine Customer Support IC_Bulwark's Avatar

AFK/Leaver - Some Information for all Protectors

Hail Protectors!

We know that AFKs and Leavers present one of the larger perceived issues within Infinite Crisis. We’ve been doing quite a bit of research on this issue throughout beta and have some information that we believe is worth sharing. To start, we can confirm that we’re in a much better place now when compared to earlier phases of beta, however this is still a problem that we’re working hard to improve. We plan to continue exploring ways to combat this issue until the rate at which this occurs is both acceptable to us as the developer and for our community.

To review and chat about our official stance on AFK/Leaver and other negative behavior, be sure to visit our Help Create a Positive Play Environment discussion!

Now for the data!

The vast majority of AFKs are caused by a few simple issues (for over 90% of all instances). To start, there are still some crash bugs in the game. We’re working to resolve as many of these bugs as we can, as quickly as we can. Correction of those crash bugs will go a long way towards reducing AFKs/Leavers. We’re also seeing that most non-crash related AFKs are newer players (playing their first few games of Infinite Crisis). These players may be attempting to run the game on a machine that’s under minimum spec or may be running into a technical problem that prevents them from playing until resolved. Our data indicates that these new AFK players either resolve the problem preventing them from playing or stop playing the game after a few play sessions, meaning that they will not continuously AFK. We’re also aware that at this stage of beta there isn’t a true tutorial. We believe that adding a tutorial will help these newer players test the stability of the game on their machine prior to being in a more competitive match. This will help reduce the number of competitive match AFKs dramatically. Players who consistently AFK after their first few matches are extremely rare.

We understand that the implementation of a /surrender option will help reduce mid-match leaving and that’s an option that we do intend to add in a future release. Ongoing improvement to our match-making will help foster more competitive matches on a consistent basis, which should also help reduce the frequency of intentional mid-match leaving.

The rare players who do exhibit this behavior on a more regular basis are reported and contacted by support. We first check to see if there are any technical issues that we can assist with and provide some information explaining why going AFK is frowned upon. We follow this assistance/education message with a warning if the behavior continues. A further continuation of the behavior results in merit deductions and eventually a temporary or permanent ban.

We’re paying close attention to this issue and understand the impact it can have on the enjoyment of the game. We will continue to collect data around the problem and work on new solutions. The community should continue to report players who AFK and we will review those reports and take the appropriate action.

Thanks all!
    Infinite Crisis Support Page and FAQ
    855-WBGAMES (2pm - 6pm EST Monday - Friday)
    Follow me on Twitter @IC_Bulwark

-Bulwark

Re: AFK/Leaver - Some Information for all Protectors

Woohoo, finally a green icon on the forums!
    Can you all bump Gotham heights back to the top of the map list? It'd be a temporary fix to get the newbies who can't run the game from messing up the maps with longer game modes since it seems the afkers are people who are testing the game for the first time

One With Starro Wehrmacht_Bunny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzon View Post
    Woohoo, finally a green icon on the forums!
    Can you all bump Gotham heights back to the top of the map list? It'd be a temporary fix to get the newbies who can't run the game from messing up the maps with longer game modes since it seems the afkers are people who are testing the game for the first time
    Agreed, and start to stop the afking by not launching matches when someone doesn't select a champion.
    Clicky-----> What I do to Batman! Nerf The Fastest Man Alive! History of Harley! <-----Clicky

I agree, Gotham Heights should be first on the list as it seems the newest of players tend to pick the map at the top of the list. I'd rather them check to see if they can run the game in a GH match versus any other map. Also, if they go afk it doesnt hurt the team as much in a GH match.

Turbine Customer Support IC_Bulwark's Avatar

I'll pass along that feedback regarding map placement in Find Match. Thanks!
    Infinite Crisis Support Page and FAQ
    855-WBGAMES (2pm - 6pm EST Monday - Friday)
    Follow me on Twitter @IC_Bulwark

-Bulwark

The influx of new players with the game going open (I don't really care if they say it isn't, it is) with no MM system is just suicide.

I can sleep better at Night now that I know Infinite Crisis Team will not be AFK on this issue.
    Your IC Community Assassin, Bruiser, Marksman, Blaster, Enforcer, Controller
    HAVE A NICE DAY!

Hi I Am Solops A Hardcore Gamer I play games 24/7

Watch me Live on Twitch TV/Coming Soon Will H1Z1 Kill Day Z?
    http://www.twitch.tv/s0lo

Cool Re: AFK/Leaver - Some Information for all Protectors

Hi All! I am a level 23 player and I have to say that I love this game since the beginning. You are doing a impressive good job and my congrats to all the team. Unfortunately after more than 100 games the AFK that I saw in my games NORMALLY are new players that after committing suicide repeatedly after the towers or the enemy champions they go AFK. I consider myself a Skilled player and I have passed from more than 60-70% wins to 50% due to this ( for example this night I had to battle against 5 in 2 matches and we were only 3! and another 2 games 4vs5!! ) This is impossible to sustain.

I know there is a lot of players that have problems and crash bugs (me for example and I have reported a lot of bugs) but I reconnect as fast as I could so the majority of the cases they left cause there is no punishment at all. I know this is BETA but with games 3vs5 and even 1vs5 ( I was the only one fighting) it's very frustrating...

I recommend you to take serious actions against this cause if not you may loose a good amount of players that love this game.

My will is my power!

I appreciate this response from support. I have to say that I haven't seen AFKs too often (maybe once per night for me), but it's good to know the situation is being taken seriously.

On the move of GH to the top of list, I'd say that's a good idea. When I first started playing, I joined a GD match, picked Flash, and said in team chat in the lobby, "First game as Flash!" and one of my teammates asked me kindly to dodge and go to GH to try out new heroes. I thought that was a great suggestion and made a lot of sense. (I actually went ahead and played that match with a champ I was more familiar with). The relative length of GH games vs. GD does make it more suitable for beginners, IMO, in lieu of a tutorial system.

This is INSANE! DIGNITAS Vs First Players

http://imgur.com/ypFsIYU

Against a team with a DIGNITAS and good players (I face them before) In my team there was one player that was his 1 game (guess who)

Your 1 game against a DIGNITAS??????????? What kind of matchmaking is this????????!!!!!

I played today 4 games and in 3 leavers ( I have snapshots of every game)....
    Updating: 5 games 4 leavers ( in the last one 2 afk) Snapshot: http://imgur.com/J6zGR6j

This is not punctual or simple issues....
    Last edited by MatacucasRAID; 02-27-2014 at 07:12 PM.