Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: AFK/Leaver - Some Information for all Protectors

Afking is promoted by the absence of a proper matchmaking system.
    The absence of a proper matchmaking system might be due to the low player base. This doesn't justify the current situation though.
    When a 5 man group of experienced players (possibly with teamspeak) is matched vs an unorganized group (of possibly noobs), something has to be done. You can't blame people for going afk in a stomp. It's bad design to force players to sit through an unpleasant experience by punishing them for afking, when you don't try to reduce the occurence of those unpleasant experiences at the same time.
    When matchmaking isn't an option as stated above, other options must be looked for to temporarily deal with this problem.

This could be done by showing enemy player names in the lobby, so you can dodge premades. If those premades have trouble finding opponents then, it's fine, coz it's their choice after all.
    Or you could just reduce max group size to 2 or 3 (for a few friends or a noob + mentor), or remove group queue all together, because 5 man premade vs rdm is not fair at all. There's still custom for proper premade vs premade matches.
    These "solutions" are ofc only meant to be temporarily as long as no matchmaking is existent, a band-aid is thoroughly needed in any way.

I doubt that a lot of AFK's are due to technical problems, I have not had a single crash/freeze since playing the game, In League, Smite, DOTA 2, over 12 months I have only had one AFK because of a power outage and it wasn't a complete AFK just part of the game when power went out my PC was still on but Internet went down.

A further continuation of the behavior results in merit deductions and eventually a temporary or permanent ban.
    You can't ban a player who uses a (MAC Spoofer) (And have over 10 Thousand IP Addresses) the problem with Trolls, and toxic players unless you even try to take a more serious stance to League OF Legends & The tribunal over there will remain in the game with toxic players and AFK's, I know about this from experience.

Match-making needs to be fixed as I have already posted in player behavior based on a certain Meta, the problem I have is not getting the roles I actively play in MOBA's someone always takes it and when I try to bottom lane in a MOBA my mate is a complete toxic player doesn't make plays, randomly locks a champion no communication not something I can play with which is why the game needs to be improved by adding a Team Builder system, or role finder for better match-making similar to what League is doing but easier and more friendly.

The your a n00b thing, I don't call people n00bs, N00b implies that a person is a Idiot, Newbie, implies that they are new and there is nothing wrong with new people my problem is new players who do not listen, take a role they can't play cause loss of a game will be reported for assisting the enemy team where it be IC, or another game.

Being a newbie is just fine and perhaps if you enter the game and be like Hey I am new what should I be buying, or any suggestion to how I should be playing, but half the time no one ever talks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzon View Post
    Woohoo, finally a green icon on the forums!
    Can you all bump Gotham heights back to the top of the map list? It'd be a temporary fix to get the newbies who can't run the game from messing up the maps with longer game modes since it seems the afkers are people who are testing the game for the first time
    Great idea! They should have a caption saying "new players start here" on Gotham Heights too

Quote Originally Posted by MatacucasRAID View Post
    This is INSANE! DIGNITAS Vs First Players

http://imgur.com/ypFsIYU

Against a team with a DIGNITAS and good players (I face them before) In my team there was one player that was his 1 game (guess who)

Your 1 game against a DIGNITAS??????????? What kind of matchmaking is this????????!!!!!

I played today 4 games and in 3 leavers ( I have snapshots of every game)....
    Updating: 5 games 4 leavers ( in the last one 2 afk) Snapshot: http://imgur.com/J6zGR6j

This is not punctual or simple issues....
    Hopefully these scenarios go away soon once open beta starts

Every day I play about 15-20 games, and at most there are 1, 2 or even 3 AFKs, making each game a real waste of time. I have spent time and money on this game (I purchased the elite founder pack, and several skins and heroes with real money), and I really like the game but I'm losing faith that this AFK problem is solved someday. We are in a closed beta and there are a lot of AFK, what will happen when the open beta is released and more players test the game? Statistically there should be even more AFK. Some friends who have tried the game have immediately left at see the problem of AFK, and "MOBA's world" is very competitive with many alternatives, so... if people have a bad experience, what makes you think they ever return to the game? I have lost so much confidence in this game that I start to think that is useless to report AFK or Feeding...

The AFK problem should be a PRIORITY to fix, not the new heroes or costumes, they can wait until the game does not have this kind of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by KaienSP View Post
    Every day I play about 15-20 games, and at most there are 1, 2 or even 3 AFKs, making each game a real waste of time. I have spent time and money on this game (I purchased the elite founder pack, and several skins and heroes with real money), and I really like the game but I'm losing faith that this AFK problem is solved someday. We are in a closed beta and there are a lot of AFK, what will happen when the open beta is released and more players test the game? Statistically there should be even more AFK. Some friends who have tried the game have immediately left at see the problem of AFK, and "MOBA's world" is very competitive with many alternatives, so... if people have a bad experience, what makes you think they ever return to the game? I have lost so much confidence in this game that I start to think that is useless to report AFK or Feeding...

The AFK problem should be a PRIORITY to fix, not the new heroes or costumes, they can wait until the game does not have this kind of problems.
    Losing faith? How long have you been playing IC? THe Devs will provide. When an effective matchmaking arrives things will be different. Be patient. The sky is not falling.

The people who develop the skins and heroes are not necessarily (read: most likely, probably definitely) not the same folks that are hammering out a way to cater to your needs.

Remember, we opted into the Closed Beta. Spending real money or not (myself and Elite Founder as well). Enjoy the moment.

I'll just go ahead and set my hands up to be chopped off by superman or what have you.

Can't play a game where my teammates not only communicate, but don't speak my language either. Pings result in being called a **** by the spanish hordes.

No offense to any spanish speakers. Game needs some LANGUAGE SETTINGS. I'm guilty of AFKing in a game, but only because it was literally unwinnable from 5 minute mark onwards.

There seems to be several scenarios where players leave or stop playing and sit at home base.

GD: if the teams are 4v5 there seems no way for the 4 team to win. Other members of the 4 team just stop.

Queue Miss-Match: While the new matching system was supposed to match players to their appropriate levels, this is my experience:

Scenario 1:

Level A (noob == me) I sit in the queue for 8 minutes and get matched with any groupings.
    Level B C D E are just arriving in the queue, but as I've hit my time limit and they get landed with me:

Matches = A + (B C D E)

Once they see my game play level ability they start to leave. "This is a bad team. Have a GD".

Scenario 2:

Levels B C D E have been sitting in the queue for 8 minutes and they get matched with any group.
    I arrive in the queue (Level A == noob) and they get matched with me

Matches = (B C D E) + A

Again once they see my game play level ability is NOOB they start to leave. "This is a bad team. Have a GD".

There may be another technical MOBA use of the term /AFKer but if you are on the map killing anything robots minions or moving with members of the team*, defending a turret or attempting to capture positions, that's not /AFK to me.

There maybe a lack of strategic knowledge on how to capture a point, what to do against another champion (like flash vs 2 batman) but that's not /AFK to me either. Not knowing how to land the KB (killing blow) or other of the finer points of MOBAs is part of the learning process but that's not /AFK.

I don't know why people bail on the match even if it's a losing one. I guess they don't want to mess up their K/D ratio. In LOTRO we call that Star Hugging but I guess in MOBAs it's one of the main reasons players leave a match.

* I recently had the experience of assisting a team mate who was not actually working for our team. I'm not sure what a ringer is called in MOBA terms. They are not /AFK but they sabotage the team effort. It results in the same scenario of "Leaving. Have a GD".
    "C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. C'est de la folie."
    ("It is magnificent, but it is not war. It is madness.")

~ French Marshal Pierre Bosquet ~

Considering Harmony

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
    I don't know why people bail on the match even if it's a losing one. I guess they don't want to mess up their K/D ratio. In LOTRO we call that Star Hugging but I guess in MOBAs it's one of the main reasons players leave a match.
    Almost every time I've seen this happen it's because it's not much fun playing a game with a predetermined result and has nothing to do with stats or K/D. The matchmaking should matchmake people with even skill and if it's not doing that, it's failing. If there's not enough players for even an accurate matchmaking system to do its job, the failure is in marketing the game or retention rate.

Protector

How about fixing the match maker first? People leave/AFK because the game is totally broken and every single game turns into a huge stomp.
    Why is it that there is no premade vs premade weighting or in fact why is there no balance in the MM at all? Why can one side get all the good players while the other get nothing but completely new players?

This game will crash and burn very quickly if these issues aren't fixed. I mean it's a decent LoL clone but it just feels so cheap and rushed ATM