Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: AFK/Leaver - Some Information for all Protectors

Matchmaking has gotten much better. The rate I run into people I recognize has gone up by a lot.

Just had a match vs Maestro n Jen , ppl you really dont want afkers vs.

Yet we again saw pyro69 doing his run to the turret and afk routine all match. for like the 15th time since monday.

And thats part of the problem , You see the names and know people now , but you are also aware of the toxics/afk merit grinders/botters and theres nothing worse than dropping into a game and seeing 3/4 on your team with high end chars.
    Last edited by Dannin; 03-26-2014 at 01:02 PM.

wow I just fcking tortured myself for 6 hrs......

edit: erased paragraph bc all i did was swear and not give any constructive criticism. I hate IC right now the Matchmaking and the afk plague I thought ppl were exaggerating about.
    Last edited by KuwaGTX; 03-29-2014 at 08:21 AM.
    Playing @InfiniteCrisis with viewers. IC Coins giveaway every weekend PMish PST www.twitch.tv/kuwagtx
    YouTube - http://goo.gl/zFWkHf
    Please follow me on Twitter and let me know whats good! http://twitter.com/Kuwagtx

Protector

So I just downloaded this game last night, have played a total of 4 matchmaking games...every single game has had an afk or leaver or both on one team or the other is this some kind of joke not punishing people for doing stuff that ruins the game for 9 other people?

Quote Originally Posted by d4nk View Post
    So I just downloaded this game last night, have played a total of 4 matchmaking games...every single game has had an afk or leaver or both on one team or the other is this some kind of joke not punishing people for doing stuff that ruins the game for 9 other people?
    That's why a lot of the community are getting angry.

You see a new player who ask's and most people don't mind (you see some toxic's from the pro teams hurl abuse but thats it) , But thats not the leavers we are seeing.

You see a player playing non free chars (such as GA , Aquaman or mechasupaderp) and then leaving , when people are playing chars with a high cash or merit cost they are not new yet these are the ones afking.

Yes cash can buy chars but would you fork out $10 on a char on a game you havent played and risk a ban? No , Is someone who's grinded out 4k+ merit a noob? No , they may be bad players but not noobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannin View Post
    That's why a lot of the community are getting angry.

You see a new player who ask's and most people don't mind (you see some toxic's from the pro teams hurl abuse but thats it) , But thats not the leavers we are seeing.

You see a player playing non free chars (such as GA , Aquaman or mechasupaderp) and then leaving , when people are playing chars with a high cash or merit cost they are not new yet these are the ones afking.

Yes cash can buy chars but would you fork out $10 on a char on a game you havent played and risk a ban? No , Is someone who's grinded out 4k+ merit a noob? No , they may be bad players but not noobs.
    There's truth to what you wrote but there is a missing piece too. Early on the Founders Package was offered $99.00. Not just recently but some months back. I bought that package. I played some in closed beta and it was worse for True-Noobs like myself who still don't know a MOBA from a MMO. I stopped playing for some months and have come back. The game is much improved but still, like you said "Not There Yet".

So, just because a player is playing a "purchased toon" doesn't mean they know how to play them. I've only played 2 of the 12 champions in the Founders pack and I can tell you I'm AWFUL at both of them and one of them is Flash... go figure.

The problem is more subtle than just /afking at will.

I've played a few matches and in the majority at least 1 /afker in each match in sometimes 2. You can sort of guess which ones when the Match Loading Screen stalls out on a player at 25%.
    "C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. C'est de la folie."
    ("It is magnificent, but it is not war. It is madness.")

~ French Marshal Pierre Bosquet ~

i am just putting this out their but sometimes an afk person helps improve your game. I play IC just about every night and there are tons of people that afk but I use it as an opportunity to try things I wouldn't normally do and I am a level 17 protector that has been playing since last year and I can say thanks to people who afk I have greatly improved my game.

Friend me (:

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
    There's truth to what you wrote but there is a missing piece too. Early on the Founders Package was offered $99.00. Not just recently but some months back. I bought that package. I played some in closed beta and it was worse for True-Noobs like myself who still don't know a MOBA from a MMO. I stopped playing for some months and have come back. The game is much improved but still, like you said "Not There Yet".

So, just because a player is playing a "purchased toon" doesn't mean they know how to play them. I've only played 2 of the 12 champions in the Founders pack and I can tell you I'm AWFUL at both of them and one of them is Flash... go figure.

The problem is more subtle than just /afking at will.

I've played a few matches and in the majority at least 1 /afker in each match in sometimes 2. You can sort of guess which ones when the Match Loading Screen stalls out on a player at 25%.
    Thing is how will you learn to use said chars?

Personally i think the practice mode NEEDS to have bots in it for this very reason , How can you learn to combo vs creeps who a lot of moves in game don't work on? But at the same time that Loading screen issue you mention seems to be something as I have noticed certain people always have that "issue" when they see certain names (such as seeing a stomp comp) which i can kind of understand , i dont agree with it but I can understand some people dont find it fun being farmed.

As far as I am aware if a match is set in under 2 mins everyone should be around the same level , and given i'm seeing the same names day in day out i assume this is working , the problem is when you are seeing those same names for weeks on end leaving or the even more classic turret afkers , say nothing all match just run to turrets , afk , auto anything in range , die rinse and repeat. Yet then magically in the endgame lobby they then apologise.

Turbine Customer Support IC_Bulwark's Avatar

Hello folks,

Please be sure to report players who AFK and we'll look into those reports. We know that this problem will be more prevalent for new players, as you are more likely to be queued with/against other brand new players. Newer players are more likely to have technical issues that need to be resolved and are more likely to simply stop playing mid-match. After gaining levels you should naturally see less AFK activity.

Upcoming tutorials, surrender and further improvements to match-making will greatly help this problem. We'll also continue to remove merit from players who AFK (and remove repeating AFKers from the game entirely). We've already seen some major improvements to the problem with the match-making changes that went live with OB2, along with the basic practice mode that was implemented. We'll keep working to limit this issue as much as possible.
    Infinite Crisis Support Page and FAQ
    855-WBGAMES (2pm - 6pm EST Monday - Friday)
    Follow me on Twitter @IC_Bulwark

-Bulwark

Protector

Quote Originally Posted by IC_Bulwark View Post
    Hello folks,

Please be sure to report players who AFK and we'll look into those reports. We know that this problem will be more prevalent for new players, as you are more likely to be queued with/against other brand new players. Newer players are more likely to have technical issues that need to be resolved and are more likely to simply stop playing mid-match. After gaining levels you should naturally see less AFK activity.
    Thanks for the reply honestly didn't even know this game had a report button it only shows up in the post game screen is tiny and unlabeled perhaps you could make it more visible?