Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: AFK/Leaver - Some Information for all Protectors

Quote Originally Posted by Grengras View Post
    tl;dr summary: Glacemonster afked deliberately mid-map just because he didn't like the team setup, then ridiculed his team which was winning even without him.
    I've seen him do this more than once, sadly. I've played against him at least twice that I can remember, and each time he either afked in place mid lane or ran right into the turrets.

I hate to say it, but I am guilty of this AFK/Leaver method. But, after leaving, the game was also uninstalled. The regrettable thing is even though the game has good premise, it faces the same challenge that MMORPG's faced after World of Warcraft. How is this like LoL? And what makes it different? Sadly, the only difference really is the character choices. I've tried nearly a dozen new MOBA's since playing LoL. None have held up for more than a match or two. IC? I couldn't even finish a match. For anyone looking for a new take on MOBA's, Infinite Crisis has fallen short.

P.S. Visual feedback is a must, and given that a large amount of MOBA players are male, there should be a graphics function for the colour blind.

I don't know if this has been said, but I lag some games so badly I have to afk or I feed. I mean when my toon runs off the map or under it so all I see is the ground what am I suppose to do? I don't understand some game are flawless with no lag and some it is impossible to play without feeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthefurs View Post
    I hate to say it, but I am guilty of this AFK/Leaver method. But, after leaving, the game was also uninstalled. The regrettable thing is even though the game has good premise, it faces the same challenge that MMORPG's faced after World of Warcraft. How is this like LoL? And what makes it different? Sadly, the only difference really is the character choices. I've tried nearly a dozen new MOBA's since playing LoL. None have held up for more than a match or two. IC? I couldn't even finish a match. For anyone looking for a new take on MOBA's, Infinite Crisis has fallen short.

P.S. Visual feedback is a must, and given that a large amount of MOBA players are male, there should be a graphics function for the colour blind.
    dude if u say that the only difference betwen lol and ic is character choice it obviously that u have no ideea of what ur talking about and obviously u only played one game and rage because u didnt understand what happend around in the game.

quiting a game after only one game..that says alot about u and that ur patience is 0
    ‎"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."
    ”I am always doing things I can't do, that's how I get to do them.”

http://twitch.tv/johnatel

Quote Originally Posted by hangun View Post
    quiting a game after only one game..that says alot about u and that ur patience is 0
    I quit this game after every loss. I quit twice last night and about 7 times on Sunday. I'm thinking of adding a catch phrase to quit with.
    Don't let common sense stop you.
    "They say I'm fearless, but actually I'm very afraid. Of getting beat. Of backing down. Of chickening out. That fear just blows all the others away."

Quote Originally Posted by Shaithiz View Post
    I quit this game after every loss. I quit twice last night and about 7 times on Sunday. I'm thinking of adding a catch phrase to quit with.
    "I don't want to live on this planet anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by hangun View Post
    dude if u say that the only difference betwen lol and ic is character choice it obviously that u have no ideea of what ur talking about and obviously u only played one game and rage because u didnt understand what happend around in the game.
    Problem is, a lot of people choose their games based on first impressions. There are basically ten games coming out each day and that's for PC only. First impressions are all that matters in a saturated market like the videogame one, and being a moba on top of it doesn't help. You can't play every single game for hours before deciding to stick or not.
    If someone install IC, and runs it, the first impression is of a LoL clone. And well, basically, it is. Everything feels like a LoL reskin, from the picking phase to the loading screen to the basic mechanics to the art direction.
    Then you actually play the game for a day, and start to see original mechanics here and there. But a lot of people never reach that phase, they quit way before that.

Back to the afk issue, there's no system actualy preventing people afking to gain merit after the match, or disconnecting them after 4 mins of aking and giving them like a 6 hours penalties to find new games. Hope they'll implement it soon
    Last edited by Fabrizio3k; 06-12-2014 at 07:05 AM.

I have been trying to get people to come to the I.c side but it's rather difficult when the first games you play with them there are AFKs. More then one on both sides. The struggle is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio3k View Post
    Problem is, a lot of people choose their games based on first impressions.
    my first impression was, "oh my god I just used a boxing glove fired from a bazooka to take out batman, I love this game". in all reality if you like comic books or don't like getting constantly yelled at then you will choose this game. because while this is my first MOBA my understanding is that LOL and DOTA communities have become so toxic that it is no longer fun to play.

The surrender Command is not working ><
    where is the bug submit in this forum?