Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Coast City Nightly Games

Heh, I've gotten invited to a couple of these already. They're great fun...I just wish I could jungle with Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Godna View Post
    Heh, I've gotten invited to a couple of these already. They're great fun...I just wish I could jungle with Flash.
    you can definitely jungle flash takes some getting used to with clear time but his ganks can be disgusting. I love teh coast city jungle hmu for help/tips/tricks getting through it

Protector

Hullo Everyone!

If you need one more for Coast City, shoot me an invite at JRupe. I've been playing for three days and have yet to be able to join a Coast City game. Who knows, maybe you'll find another believer!

Flash is a great jungler. Unfortunately he's one of the few I've only played a few times so I'm not one to teach him well. The best Flash I've seen is Axslav, so watch his stream and pick up pointers.
    Introducing the Crisis Classic!
    Up to date Rules and Info

I am looking for feedback on recent community events. Fill out the form here! I will read all responses even if there is 1000.

The_Dycer Guides: Updates Soon!
    The Definition of SoonTM

Dycer's Ample Amplifier Album! Check it out for help with Augments.

Dycer's Monstrous Marina Modset Manual! Use it for help with item mods.

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

I'm on Dawnbase! Check highly rated guides for great builds and tips!

"The Earth had too many men." - Dycer 2014

"KS, it is what Dycers do best!"- Dycer 2015

One only improves through quality repetition. Practice does not make perfect; only perfect practice makes perfect.

The State of The_Dycer Adress

Getting back to daily words!
    Strange word of the day; Vauntiness: Boastfulness
    If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.
    Most Colorful Forum Signature
    I am running low on original colors!

46 No Death 5v5 games in queue without an afk this patch!

I just wanted to pop in here for a minute to say thank you Dycer. I was one of the people who you ran through a practice of CC last night and it was VERY helpful as I hadn't gotten the chance to play the map but 1 other game.

Protector

I just got invited to one by someone arbitrary and have to say it was a terrible experience, what with the snowballing and lack of matchmaking. I would have been happy to play with coordination or learn but there was barely any communication of any kind during the game. The only "learning" of any kind I got was from David on the other team who helpfully explained about power relays after they had all been captured. It was just 30 minutes of depressing loneliness trying to hold down a lane. Even worse, one of the dodgier allies (dying to the enemy tower at level 1 as a level 19 protector?) took advantage of the lobby situation to spam me with 10+ friend requests.
    Last edited by Volandum; 03-13-2014 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
    I just got invited to one by someone arbitrary and have to say it was a terrible experience, what with the snowballing and lack of matchmaking. I would have been happy to play with coordination or learn but there was barely any communication of any kind during the game. The only "learning" of any kind I got was from David on the other team who helpfully explained about power relays after they had all been captured. It was just 30 minutes of depressing loneliness trying to hold down a lane. Even worse, one of the dodgier allies (dying to the enemy tower at level 1 as a level 19 protector?) took advantage of the lobby situation to spam me with 10+ friend requests.
    I asked before the match if everyone knew what the relays, raiders, and Doomsday Device were. No one spoke up, so we pressed on. I can't control the communication on the other team (which you were on) which I leave up to the more experienced "captain", but I keep active alerts and instructions going in mine (even when not needed). I also can't control a player's skill level, lag or bugs. We also made it an even match. When a player went buggy, we sat one of ours.

I try to make balanced teams going in, but it doesn't always work out. The game you took part in was by far the "grindiest" game I've had since I launched the matches. It just seemed to have a slow pace in which it took forever for anyone to do something right.

I am looking for feedback on recent community events. Fill out the form here! I will read all responses even if there is 1000.

The Definition of SoonTM

I am not a Turbine employee, and do not receive the compensation/benefits/privileges that employees do. Currently I have a pending application to be the Director of the Putting Things on Top of Other Things Department.

One only improves through quality repetition. Practice does not make perfect; only perfect practice makes perfect.

If you win a spelling bee due to "Strange word of the day", I receive 2% of the winnings.

Protector

I am sorry I must have missed that. Care to explain now?

Who WAS our captain, by the way?

As a rule of thumb, it is your highest ranked player. I forget who was the lead in each match. I spread out those who have run before, so there was at least a couple that could have given commands/instructions.

The Definition of SoonTM

An announcement: On April 4th-6th I will not be online to host the Coast City Nightly Games. I have a massive MMORPG fashion show/contest to run those nights. If you want, I can link pictures once the show is over.

Unfortunately, events like this don't work well in MOBAs.

The Definition of SoonTM