Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56
  1. #21
    Protector Chaiftan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    oHIo
    Posts
    963

    Re: Like us on Facebook: Get Poison Ivy and Classic Poison Ivy FREE!

    Quote Originally Posted by David12596 View Post
    But Ivy is like 400 merit, I don't think it's that bad. If on the other hand they did this with a champion in the 7k-8k, then I can see a reason for people to be a little mad. But 400 merit, is it really worth it?
    She wasn't that cheap when Founder packs first went up. If she was, I wouldn't have bought a Founders Pack, because it's just not worth it for me personally.
    Yeah, um, uh... In Blackest Day or Brightest Night...
    Uh, watermelon, cantalope, yada yada...
    A superstitious and cowardly lot...
    With liberty and justice for all!
    -Duck Dodgers

  2. #22
    Providing Harmony KoH_David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    825

    Re: Like us on Facebook: Get Poison Ivy and Classic Poison Ivy FREE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaiftan View Post
    She wasn't that cheap when Founder packs first went up. If she was, I wouldn't have bought a Founders Pack, because it's just not worth it for me personally.
    But we all knew that before the Jan update that all prices (CC and Merit) where not finalized because they where giving out CC and Merit like candy. They may not still be finalized at this moment.

  3. #23
    Protector Chaiftan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    oHIo
    Posts
    963

    Re: Like us on Facebook: Get Poison Ivy and Classic Poison Ivy FREE!

    Quote Originally Posted by David12596 View Post
    But we all knew that before the Jan update that all prices (CC and Merit) where not finalized because they where giving out CC and Merit like candy. They may not still be finalized at this moment.
    Very true, but I never would have thought for a second that Ivy would only cost a few wins to obtain. Especially in August when she was practically unkillable.

    It's kind of similar to how they were selling "early access" to CC and GD. When they made the early access to GD accessible to all Founders for only 3 days, they comped the Gold members 4000 merit.

    In the long run, it's not THAT big of a deal. But it kind of strains my confidence that purchasing anything from Turbine is actually worth what they are selling it for.
    Yeah, um, uh... In Blackest Day or Brightest Night...
    Uh, watermelon, cantalope, yada yada...
    A superstitious and cowardly lot...
    With liberty and justice for all!
    -Duck Dodgers

  4. #24

    Re: Like us on Facebook: Get Poison Ivy and Classic Poison Ivy FREE!

    if i click on that link and like it i dont find any code for it can somebody pls help me ?

  5. #25
    Joining Harmony Varking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    336

    Re: Like us on Facebook: Get Poison Ivy and Classic Poison Ivy FREE!

    I paid for an Elite Founders Pack because I saw the value in it and I wanted to support the company. It came with many champions unlocked, some skins, early access to maps, and merit and crisis coins. At one point, Turbine then gave out extra merit and coins to those who purchased Founder's Packs. At the time, I felt the Founder's Pack was a great purchase.

    I paid a price that I thought was acceptable for the items I was getting. I knew for 100% fact that at some point down the road, prices would be lowered, or even free. This does not bother me like it used to. When I purchased my car for 20,000 in real life, I knew selling it the next day would not get me 20,000 back. The value goes down. That Android smartphone I bought six months ago is now only worth half of what it was originally sold for. It happens. That is life. If you feel comfortable buying something today, don't complain tomorrow that it went on sale. It was one champion, and one skin, given out for Facebook likes. It isn't that big of a deal.

    I am sure those of you who are complaining will purchase something in the future where the price goes down shortly after. But I do want to remind everyone that purchased a founders pack that we did get extra perks for having them than originally advertised, and most of us founders were in the beta and we got special perks for that too that were not originally advertised.

  6. #26
    Community Advocate Mrlucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Like us on Facebook: Get Poison Ivy and Classic Poison Ivy FREE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata View Post
    Are you a child of the green? Do you talk to your plants and pet them when nobody's looking? Do you feel that the only character in Infinite Crisis that truly represents you is Pamela Isley? Well... have we got an opportunity for you!

    Like our Facebook page, and we'll give you Poison Ivy AND her Classic costume for FREE!

    To get your Poison Ivy unlock code, visit our Facebook page today!
    You know me celes! But i mean... just the costume could have been a better idea, i know it might affect new people, but she is only 400! 5 matches and you will get her. Just saying and thank all of you for giving the costume free! I hopenit means that she will have soon a new costume.
    If you are having tech issues, want to report a bug, report a player, your code isn't working or got any comment or feedback.
    GO HERE:
    http://support.infinitecrisis.com/ic.../ticketNew.asp

    Submit a ticket, to do all listed above and even more.


    *How To post a DxDiag


    *Infinite Crisis Forum's Rules

    *I'm Famous <3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
    MY FAV STREAMS!
    Sycogenesis' Stream :http://www.twitch.tv/sycogenesis
    Beco's Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/dps_beco
    Hammerborn's Stream: twitch.tv/hammerreborn

  7. #27
    Joining Harmony admonish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    64

    Re: Like us on Facebook: Get Poison Ivy and Classic Poison Ivy FREE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata View Post
    Are you a child of the green? Do you talk to your plants and pet them when nobody's looking? Do you feel that the only character in Infinite Crisis that truly represents you is Pamela Isley? Well... have we got an opportunity for you!

    Like our Facebook page, and we'll give you Poison Ivy AND her Classic costume for FREE!

    To get your Poison Ivy unlock code, visit our Facebook page today!
    Thank you for this. If I follow you on Twitter, can I get Batman for free? (Please say "yes").
    Steam: admonish

  8. #28
    Protector Xoulrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,232

    Re: Like us on Facebook: Get Poison Ivy and Classic Poison Ivy FREE!

    I think that some people in here don't seem to understand where my frustration on this comes from.

    First, we are told that the Closed Beta gift is going to be Joker and his Original Gangster costume. And this is fantastic, and certainly more than they needed to do, because they didn't need to do anything. The chance to play the game earlier than most was reward itself. But unfortunately, I had already been "gifted" the Joker through my owning of Arkham Origins. So, I did get a skin, but it's not quite the same as getting "gifted" a Champ.

    Then, with this "gifting" of Ivy, it's basically deja vu. I already have a Founders Pack and thus already own Ivy. So it's a situation where I have basically been given another costume.

    And I realize that Ivy is extremely inexpensive to obtain now and that Turbine wanted to give this free costume to players and they wanted everyone to immediately be able to use it. That's all fair and valid. However, I and other players that purchased at least a Silver Founders and Arkham Origins already had the two freebies that were given out, minus the skins.

    I really applaud Turbine for wanting to give to the community. But they need to be careful overlooking the people spending actual real money on this game because they might just stop. And that isn't good for anyone involved with IC.

  9. #29
    Protector Redbird4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,112

    Re: Like us on Facebook: Get Poison Ivy and Classic Poison Ivy FREE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Xoulrath View Post
    I think that some people in here don't seem to understand where my frustration on this comes from.

    First, we are told that the Closed Beta gift is going to be Joker and his Original Gangster costume. And this is fantastic, and certainly more than they needed to do, because they didn't need to do anything. The chance to play the game earlier than most was reward itself. But unfortunately, I had already been "gifted" the Joker through my owning of Arkham Origins. So, I did get a skin, but it's not quite the same as getting "gifted" a Champ.

    Then, with this "gifting" of Ivy, it's basically deja vu. I already have a Founders Pack and thus already own Ivy. So it's a situation where I have basically been given another costume.

    And I realize that Ivy is extremely inexpensive to obtain now and that Turbine wanted to give this free costume to players and they wanted everyone to immediately be able to use it. That's all fair and valid. However, I and other players that purchased at least a Silver Founders and Arkham Origins already had the two freebies that were given out, minus the skins.

    I really applaud Turbine for wanting to give to the community. But they need to be careful overlooking the people spending actual real money on this game because they might just stop. And that isn't good for anyone involved with IC.
    That does suck, shame though because they might do the same thing for doomsday and his flashpoint costume.

  10. #30
    Protector Xoulrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,232

    Re: Like us on Facebook: Get Poison Ivy and Classic Poison Ivy FREE!

    Quote Originally Posted by 4surface View Post
    That does suck, shame though because they might do the same thing for doomsday and his flashpoint costume.
    I would be OK with that, but I don't own Doomsday as he isn't part of the Founders Packs.

    For players that have already purchased him, it is possible that they will feel slighted. And I understand that you can't please all of the people all of the time in most situations, but in this instance, it is in Turbine's power to please almost all of the people (save those that just can't be pleased).

    It would be easy enough to simply grant the cost of the "gifted" Champ in Merit, Crisis Coins, or both. I can tell you, that for me at least, I will be a lot more willing to spend money if I see that I am getting thrown some freebies from time to time.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •