Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I used to love this game

I just can't put up with this awful balance in this game. Turbine lays yet another egg, asheron's call 2 all over again.

The ranged carries are just far too powerful, the biggest offender, is catwoman, who technically isn't ranged, but her whip is on such a short cool down and does on hit effects, she some how fell into ranged any way and is pretty much the best one.

Ranged carries don't even suffer from early game low potency, and you can't stop them from farming so long as they can time their last hits semi decently, attacking them head on is pretty much suicide and most of them are far more mobile than their melee counterparts.

After doing several games with friends, trying different roles, some roles are just pitiful and don't offer anything, while others are just far too powerful. Here's a list I came up with to show what my friends and see in each of the characters after trying them and seeing them on our team and going against them. We also have been playing MOBA's since classic DOTA, some of us, myself included, have over one thousand hours logged on DOTA2 alone, so we understand a thing or two about what's strong in a MOBA. Farm ability, mobility, strong crowd control, when you make certain aspects on a character too powerful, it's a slippery slope, you have to keep things in check.

Over powered
    Catwoman (She's a deadly mix of both mobility and the natural unfair advantages given to ranged carry in this game, without even needing ranged auto attacks to out trade ANY ONE in the game.)
    Mecha wonderwoman (She'd be balanced if she didn't get the stupid advantages bestowed to ranged carries, I rank her above cyborg because she can out burst and she offers more to a team with her insane aoe potential, stopping her from farming is pretty much impossible)
    Gaslight Batman(His Q bounces so many times, you technically don't even need echos to out trade and out harass just about any one, he's far too mobile for how much he can reach, and there's really no point in building him hybrid, just go attack power and his spells still are insane)

Semi OP
    Cyborg (like all ranged carry, too easy to farm quickly, far too powerful out of the box)
    Harley Quinn (Superior to pretty much every support in the game, can kite all day and practically off carry)

Balanced(or close to balanced)
    Nightmare Batman
    Doomsday
    Atomic Poison Ivy
    Atomic green lantern
    Hal Jordan
    Robin
    Batman
    Zatanna
    Wonder Woman
    Atomic wonder woman

Semi under powered
    Superman(He's useless outside of his crowd control)
    Joker(He can stun, but there's no good way to combo it with his ulti, often times his ulti will have little to no effect if you're going against any one with more than just a brain stem helping them play this game)
    Flash(He's surprisingly easy to Kite, he can only kill people who play bad, if you're careful, you can bully him all day and he simply can't farm without a ranged support helping him and his ulti doesn't cut it unless you have some one who can help you to keep your targets in it)
    Shazam(Identity crisis, he's not bad, but he really needs some one to help him chase, even with a good gank. YEAH, he has a slow, but the very moment they use an escape move, he might as well give up the chase.)

Underpowered
    Arcane Green Lantern (He's just awful all around, his abilities are not potent at all, no one gives a **** if he gets the jump on them)
    Poison Ivy (Subpar at everything she does, identity crisis with no potency)

Characters we've rarely seen played
    Gaslight Joker (Never seen this guy a single time)
    Gaslight Catwoman (She seems pretty good, but I haven't seen her more than once and never played her)

In the past 6 games or so, we've always seen catwoman on the other team, and sometimes on ours, and she just WRECKS and makes the game completely unfun, she was shaving off 1/3 of my friends health at level 1 with her q, and he was super man....

I've lost to teams using 3 ranged carries, you'd think they'd step on each others toes for farm, but they didn't, they all got huge CS and kills and no one could stop them, it was stupid. People use the, well they're squishy, argument, but when everyone else either can't catch them, or their damage is just pathetic in comparison, their low HP wont matter when they can spam abilities that do 400 damage or more 20 minutes in the game.

I want to be able to enjoy this game, but the balance is completely awful, also I hate the community, yet the in game ignore button doesn't work.... x.x Yeah it's got a good amount of characters are pretty balanced, but the favor is tipped so much in the favor of ranged carries, just having one get fed even a little bit, makes them completely unstoppable, it all comes down who has the better ranged characters.

I might revisit this game when it officially releases, but so far it's been a major disappointment after closed beta ended.

But since this is a LoL clone, it's never gonna be balanced, because balancing the game doesn't fall into the devs interest in the name of profit, they just want this to be a cash cow like league. Honestly, if they were gonna emulate a MOBA, they should have with dota 2, would have been SO much better. But hey, at least it has a decent and creative deny system.
    Last edited by SolidSnape; 02-26-2014 at 09:32 PM.

Re: I used to love this game

While this is somewhat constructive there is no indication of how much you have actually played. Might need a bit more to put actual evidence behind your accusations.

That being said I have a few questions:

1. Who are you playing against?

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSnape View Post

Over powered
    Catwoman (She's a deadly mix of both mobility and the natural unfair advantages given to ranged carry in this game, without even needing ranged auto attacks to out trade ANY ONE in the game.)
    Mecha wonderwoman (She'd be balanced if she didn't get the stupid advantages bestowed to ranged carries, I rank her above cyborg because she can out burst and she offers more to a team with her insane aoe potential, stopping her from farming is pretty much impossible)
    Gaslight Batman(His Q bounces so many times, you technically don't even need echos to out trade and out harass just about any one, he's far too mobile for how much he can reach, and there's really no point in building him hybrid, just go attack power and his spells still are insane)

Semi OP
    Cyborg (like all ranged carry, too easy to farm quickly, far too powerful out of the box)
    Harley Quinn (Superior to pretty much every support in the game, can kite all day and practically off carry)

Nightmare Batman
    Doomsday
    Atomic Poison Ivy
    Atomic green lantern
    Hal Jordan
    Robin
    Batman
    Zatanna
    Wonder Woman
    Atomic wonder woman

Semi under powered
    Joker(He can stun, but there's no good way to combo it with his ulti, often times his ulti will have little to no effect if you're going against any one with more than just a brain stem helping them play this game)
    Flash(He's surprisingly easy to Kite, he can only kill people who play bad, if you're careful, you can bully him all day and he simply can't farm without a ranged support helping him and his ulti doesn't cut it unless you have some one who can help you to keep your targets in it)
    Shazam(Identity crisis, he's not bad, but he really needs some one to help him chase, even with a good gank. YEAH, he has a slow, but the very moment they use an escape move, he might as well give up the chase.)

Underpowered
    Arcane Green Lantern (He's just awful all around, his abilities are not potent at all, no one gives a **** if he gets the jump on them)

Gaslight Catwoman (She seems pretty good, but I haven't seen her more than once and never played her)
    I can't really say that I agree with most of your list, though I do agree with some of the input you have provided. I would like to respond to each of your critiques individually, but it is late her and I am getting tired. So for now, I will simply say that the two Champs that I bolded are far from UP or even "semi-UP" for that matter.

I more or less main both Flash and Joker, and I can tell you that both are in a pretty decent spot at the moment, across all maps.

The developers already mentioned that they were looking into Catwoman next, so I suppose that the issues that you mentioned will be resolved in the future.

As for the rest, I think it would be more beneficial to hear more specific, constructive criticism regarding the characters.
    Steam: admonish

I'm quite new to the Moba scene and tbh it's the fact that it's based on the DC universe that has brought me here so my points are from limited insight to this game only.
    I think you have a few valid points especially in relation to Catwoman though as a few others have inferred she is going to be dealt with sooner than later.
    I don't think Joker is under powered as I have unfortunately been on the end of a fine display from Xoulrath just earlier today.
    I expect alot of your concerns will be sorted before it's officially release and expect both Dota and LoL had the same amount of issues in closed and early open beta. Stick around continue to post your insights and I expect the devs will listen.
    Robin use him because you should

Considering Harmony fourplusfive's Avatar

I too used to love this game...perhaps I'll come back when it's in open beta. Which ,if this closed beta (which anyone can openly access) is any indication, means Turbine will forcibly remote install IC on all PC's worldwide for a truly open beta. God only knows what will happen when it's fully released.

Doomsday
    Haha ohwow, are you serious?

Semi under powered
    What.. Supes have been confirmed one of the more powerful Bruisers in the game.

Semi under powered
    Gee, I wonder why he's a top-pick in Comp Scene as an zoning Support then.

Semi under powered
    It's suffering to have a bad Early game, but one of the best Late games I guess..?
    No really, every time a Flash is in the game, there's hope for his team when he hits Late game.

Underpowered
    Arcane Green Lantern have hands down one of the best Ults in the game, an GODLIKE Snare, of course he's gonna be full-out depending on his team.

Poison Ivy? Underpowered? She's literally one the most broken characters in the game with 6-Slotted.

Gaslight Joker in general have a ton of weird changes, I don't see him getting popular any time soon.

Gaslight Catwoman is strong as hell, but people just haven't bought her yet, she were instantly picked during her freeweek.

I've lost to teams using 3 ranged carries, you'd think they'd step on each others toes for farm, but they didn't, they all got huge CS and kills and no one could stop them, it was stupid. People use the, well they're squishy, argument, but when everyone else either can't catch them, or their damage is just pathetic in comparison, their low HP wont matter when they can spam abilities that do 400 damage or more 20 minutes in the game.
    It's called 0 Drone Aggro, making Ranged characters have an cake-walk laning phase.

But since this is a LoL clone, it's never gonna be balanced, because balancing the game doesn't fall into the devs interest in the name of profit, they just want this to be a cash cow like league. Honestly, if they were gonna emulate a MOBA, they should have with dota 2, would have been SO much better. But hey, at least it has a decent and creative deny system.
    Won't happen, already made a thread of changing the game a tad away from the League-design, but nobody seems to like that idea.

I agree though, League is an massive cash-grab with awful balance.
    My Champion Concept: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...-Atomic-Cyborg

My wish list for upcoming patches: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/forum...-WALL-OF-TEXT)

Proud DotA veteran.

The second you said supes is up is when I knew you haven't played this game enough. Why are so many people complaining about this game? I understand complaining bout how the founder packs value r going away but this? Like damn learn to adapt during games

Couldn't go on after Joker's spot... I mean, I'm not a moba expert but my years of RTS experience and enough IC matches make it very clear that he's most certainly not underpowered. Not even gonna comment on the others as it was mostly already handled by other posters.

The game's in beta and it's going to change a lot, constructive criticism in the champion feedback forum is probably useful, this kind of thread with a "doom and gloom and I used to love this game" in general with short descriptions that don't really explain the perceived problems in-depth to the designers is probably not.
    Last edited by Aurun; 02-27-2014 at 08:36 AM.

One With Starro CH4_BrianFantana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4surface View Post
    The second you said supes is up is when I knew you haven't played this game enough. Why are so many people complaining about this game? I understand complaining bout how the founder packs value r going away but this? Like damn learn to adapt during games
    Not to mention the "so many catwoman" was pretty much due to the free week.

That's like people saying now, wow so much superman!